8.03.2005

Take Me Seriously , and damn, If The Plane Goes Down

I jumped off some wicked cliffs this weekend and rowed until my arms felt like they were going to fall off but all that pent up ( sexual?) frustration is gone and I can now continue in my respectable girl mode. I�m currently considering changing my picture icon so people in those political blogs will take me seriously. I guess my mother was right when she told me I had to start dressing for success. I seriously was not trying to incite a cock fight of any kind in my last post I was merely tired and looking forward to going away. I tend to get cocky when I am tired. I do ask that all parents continue to teach their children the proper terminology as it is endearing to hear a child call it a penis and simply horrifying to hear them call it a cock. I was not drunk as I tend to be the perennial designated driver. Despite what some my think, fairly educated, reasonable level headed young women do use the term cock at least at times, although most of the time it is in the form of calling their current president a cock sucker,( a mad cocksucker at that),or killing that thing that is crawling across their dorm room; despite the not-so-best efforts of the college roach terminator crew. Enough of that though we'll talk about cock another time and in another life. Random stuff while watching CNN, and Anderson reporting, from Niger���� :( Mr Bush, Intelligent Design should not be taught in public school. Evolution is based on the best scientific theory we have, intelligent design is based on religion or at the very least supposition that because the scope of he whole thing is too complicated and of course not totally bore out by science there must have been a higher power involved. The ideation he must have to promote this scares me. Just let the parents of these kids teach them intelligent design, starting to teach a theory of which there is no way of even beginning to find proof of, not based in science but based on supposition and the belief in a higher power is ridiculous. Don�t you have something better to do with your time? I am all for the enlargement of the universe of human discourse to coin a phrase often used in anthropology but this is ridiculous. Let them tell mommy and daddy to create their own dialogue with little Bret and Brit and stop wasting our time. Second, an admission of sorts: I'll admit it, good old , Fugazi, Sex Pistol, Pixie loving me is a Mraz head. Now that I have gotten that off my otherwise delectable chest I feel better. Don�t ask me why, there is practically no excuse for this travesty and I blame it on the people that used to drag me to the 9:30 club in DC while I was still in mid high school. We all hold onto some dirty little secret. This is mine. I am going to do a review just to spite myself. This because I purchased and played his new CD all the way to the Adirondacks and back despite the fact that after the first play I wanted to throw it out the window along with his Dave Matthews producing producers. Ah There ya go. Technically I disliked his first studio CD as well preferring his non studio java joes or his live concert performances which you can easily get all over the web. Rolling Stone, and everyone, totally panned it but seriously if they allow Randy Jackson to do reviews for them how valid is anything they say? Exactly. I got so used to it and by the drive home I actually became quite fond of it. Fuck RS, they have passed their prime as well and after all John is dead as are (Joey, Dee Dee, and Johnny), Kurt and Mick might as well be. Get a life. Two things: �Plane� sounds much better in the pure acoustic version this orchestrated piano version is hard to get used to but I did get used to it, he sounds way too reminiscent of Kenny Friggin Loggins on �O�Love� take my word for it. Otherwise..sorry I can�t totally pan this CD I am listening to it again. If the plane goes down,damn I'll remember where the love was found If the plane goes down, damn From Eugene and Freddie at the Coalition for Darfur: For those who may not know, Sudanese vice-president and former rebel SPLM leader John Garang died in a helicopter crash in southern Sudan over the weekend. Just three weeks ago, Garang was inaugurated as Vice President under the peace agreement designed to bring an end to the 20 year North/South civil war. Much of the world's hope for a peaceful solution rested on Garang's ability to reign in the genocidal regime in Khartoum and, with his death, the future of Darfur and the North/South peace accord is now hard to predict. I don't have anything original to say this week, but below are a few articles that I think you might find useful. The first is on Garang's death and the violence that followed. The second is a piece by Eric Reeves examining what his death means for Sudan and Darfur. The last is an important report by Doctors Without Borders (one that got a bit overshadowed by Garang's death) reporting that millions of people are still at risk in Darfur and that, contrary to conventional wisdom, the situation is deteriorating, both in terms of humanitarian and security conditions, in many parts of Darfur.

25 Comments:

Blogger Bennet said...

Damn it, you make me want to be young again. Cliche`..CRAP I HATE THAT. I AM A CLICHE` NOW..

BTW....Whoever doesn't like you using the word: "cock" is a cunt.

8/03/2005 12:59:00 AM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

hmm... that there's the only bit of profanity I've never used in writing. don't know quite what I think about it.

Alice, could you link us to an article about this "intelligent design" theory?

8/03/2005 02:45:00 AM  
Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

So many possible things to comment on....

I will just say "penis".

8/03/2005 02:54:00 AM  
Blogger Tina D. said...

One day I woke up and the fossil RECORD was a theory and a boat that saved two of each the millions of species of animals from a flood was FACT.

I'm going back to sleep...

8/03/2005 03:23:00 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Mraz? I'm an old gold bull.

8/03/2005 08:27:00 AM  
Anonymous weirsdo said...

President Bush is the biggest argument against INTELLIGENT design I can think of.
I went to the 9:30 Club once to see the Meat Puppets.

8/03/2005 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Glad to see you back. I didn't suck any mad penis or even a cock as you suggested, but I did have to deal with several dickheads.

Does that count?

8/03/2005 09:50:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I always take you seriously.

I have no problems with anyone using the word cock.

Now delectable is a word that I haven't heard in a very long time. Love the vocab.

8/03/2005 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Coyote Mike said...

I just wrote a whole religious timeline thingie that people might want to read. However, I wrote it on someone else's blog. Go to http://hidfruits.blogspot.com/ and look at my second responce in the August 1st post. Maybe it will explain my ideas.

As for the use of profanity, it really is a personal choice and has nothing to do with intelligence. In person, I've been known to cuss like a sailor, but in my whole novel, I think the strongest word I used was "damn" and I'm not even sure I used that. It just didn't fit in with the story. As I've told my writing students: Use profanity if you can use it well. If you try to use it for shock value, give it up. It doesn't shock anyone anymore. Its so pathetic to listen to new writers and poets throwing out profanities to try to put some life in their work, and just watch the audience go to sleep on them.

There. For some reason I am doing long replies, but I don't know if I will post anything today or not.

8/03/2005 11:48:00 AM  
Anonymous pia said...

You know I take you seriously! Some of the time. It's my belief in Intelligent Design that makes me...that's a joke!

Believing in Intelligent Design is a grown up version of Santa Claus or the tooth fairy--or dare I say it? God, itself.

People especially the current admin have to make order and easy explanations where there is none--or a beautiful one like evolution. And if they have to find order, goddamn it, the rest of us are!

8/03/2005 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger EsotericWombat said...

actually what I meant was that I don't know what I think about the fact that I never use it. I mean, in reality, its just another word derived from a Latin root, but there's this whole upheaval surrounding it... it doesn't really make much sense. I can say "twat" all the hell I want without anyone getting appaled, and in fact do. And yet, knowing this, I still refrain...

Eh.
Fuck it, Dude. Lets go bowling.

8/03/2005 01:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Jake said...

I love that you jump off cliffs and stuff. I would have never guessed it from the two times I met you remember way back two years ago?
That cock talk didn't bother me in the least.

Intelligent Design...Spew....

Yeah those babies in Africa man that makes me sick sometimes.
God Bless the 9:30 club I'm seeing the NY Dolls there and I don't even like them.
I won't hold MRAZ against you.

8/03/2005 01:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you mean well respectable girls don't say things like "let me see your cock baby" or "i love your cock"?


You can send money to Niger.

8/03/2005 02:16:00 PM  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

Cock is an awesome word.
I like just saying it.
Cock.
Cock.
Cock.

I was going to give you crap about the Mraz, but then I remembered that I still listen to my old Duran Duran cd's, so I'll shut up now.

8/03/2005 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

Bennett: Most people that object are of course.

Wombat: I hear sleep helps.

Anti Blogger: You can say anything you want here.

Tina: I hope you had a nice sleep.

Doug: Naw

Weirdso: I don't eat meat.

Jay: Dealing with dickheads always counts.

MJ: Good, that's settled.

Coyote: I looked at it and will have to get back to you because it requires some thought.

Pia: That is good because I am only serious some of the time and hopefully it is evident when I am.
You are right about the other of course.

Wombat: seriously go to bed.

Anonymous: Hope you sent money to Niger. I have no idea.

Seizethe Night: I can be and sometimes it has a ring to it.
Thanks for not nailing me to the wall on the Mraz thing.

8/03/2005 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger thatoldsoul said...

Well I am compelled to post as, well... I disagree totally with your analyzation of Jason Mraz in general.

I feel is a bland... "indie lite". He seems like a major label Sufjan Stevens (who we were talking about earlier oddly enough).

The thing is when i listened to his first album then this one, it was just... like the same old same old. (On the other hand i dislike O.A.R., DMB, etc. for the exact same reason so you could call it prior bias).

8/03/2005 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/03/2005 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

He was never indie to begin with, considering he grew up listening to pop music and enjoying it, and readily admits to it, and does not pretend to be some kid of faux indie artist.
His first cd was Java Joes not released commercially although obtainable post curbside prophet at least at Amazon at this time via Amazon and it is his best cd; he also has a concert cd out which is ok. He is better in small venues one on one. Not to pretend he is Stevens and I love Stevens but for a different reason.

8/03/2005 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous JohnM said...

If they knew you they would know despite all the hot you are smarter than them and they would fear you.

That icon you got up is not going do it either sweet girl with delectable parts.


I have to kill you on the Mraz thing.



I haven't listened to it but will with your recommendation.

8/04/2005 01:55:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

Jason Mraz?

I've lost all respect for you, Cooper. LOL

8/04/2005 03:09:00 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Those chickens can cause bird flu.

8/04/2005 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

MoJo: OK Rilo Kiley man, but now that you have I won't be able to give you that victorian mansion off the island off he coast of Canada.

Tom aand Lucy: I know that is why I never touch em.

8/04/2005 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Coyote Mike said...

Ok, I finally broke down and watched a news segment and found out what this whole intelligent design thingie is. My question is, where does Idiot Bush want the schools to teach it? In Science? There is no scientific proof, so hopefully it wouldn't go there. Social Studies? I don't even remember what that class was. English? The kids can barely read as it is.

What's next, Mr. Idiot Bush? A new round of Communist hearings? A witch hunt of liberals? Getting rid of the right to vote for people who aren't white protestant males?

Somebody shoots Kennedy and we're stuck with this asshole for 8 years. What a ripoff.

8/04/2005 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Mamsbug Speaks said...

Well cock a doodle doooooo LOOOL

I enjoyed reading you.

8/04/2005 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Alice - I have "You & I Both" downloaded and I listen to it often. And since I'm totally geeking out, I loved the video! It was so campy it was cute.

Wow, I feel so enboldened and liberated! :)

8/06/2005 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home