12.26.2004

Happy New Year

Strange how things work out. Strange things happen, and they may appear to be good on the surface but sometimes they annoy you. My parents tend to annoy me. I am not sure why but it seems that they are not getting a divorce and have been working on a reconciliation for some time. I am not sure what is going on exactly but they told me at Christmas. I think that they went to counseling or something. My brother appeared to know but as usual ------ is left in the dark as she is a delicate flower that needs to be kept from these things. I am sure the intentions were good as they probably didn't want to get my hopes up. I mean after all those years of marriage to let something as stupid as an affair end it, well doesn't seem right does it? (dripping with sarcasm here) It occurred to me that possibly they got back together to unite their efforts to get me to see the light and to stop seeing "The Professor" as my brother calls him. They somehow felt that my seeing some guy that was eight years older, (ok eleven), is indicative of a rebellion against the recent break up of their marriage. I'm nineteen years old for god sake alittle past rebellion. What do they think that I am somehow less safe with him than I am in the dorms of NYU; if they only knew.At least I can breath in the hallways of his place without fear of inhaling God knows what. Taking a break from all men right now though. The worst part of Christmas was missing my grandmother; this is the first Christmas without her and that is hard. She was not that old and was so lively and so much a part if me that it is painful. People are sad when people die because they are selfish and I am selfish and want her back. I miss her more than anything on earth. I am going on vacation to Jackson Hole and then to Utah to snowboard. I missed last year due to a rib injury so I am looking forward to it. It was a gift from my parents... this too I think in an effort to keep me out of the city. It sort of worked as I can't give up Jackson Hole and Snowbird. They don't know they didn't really need to lure me away from anything as there is nothing that evil waiting there. My best friend is going with me. My brother is going as well, as are my parents. I can't wait to party NYE in Jackson Hole, those snowboarder's and skiers are the best people to party with. There is so much evil out there in Jackson Hole if my parents only knew. ;) I hear we can even get the New York Times at the place we are staying as well as ...............the Internet. Then to Utah; God they know not what they do. They are afraid of NY and of their daughter dating a twenty-eight year old but willingly send her to the land of "men with many wives." Oh No... The land of "OLD MEN WITH MANY YOUNG WIVES." Sorry. Just be Merry, don't make any stupid New Years resolution and do what makes you happy within the boundaries of self respect and respect for others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home