1.29.2005

In for the night

This week has been busy and I am coming down with a cold. I wanted to catch a large format exhibit tomorrow as it is gone after Sunday I think .The exhibit somewhere around 57th street so I think I will end up dragging my roommate to that if she is up for it. We are also looking slowly but surely for apartments for next year. I don't know where that is heading really. This woman in the Sudan thing is on my mind much lately. I think not paying any attention to it until seeing Hotel Rwanda is somehow making me feel guilty and horrified. We all know the reason we ignored the genocide, besides the fact that the country has nothing we want in the way of resources, is also a touch of racism. This would not have gone on like this in a mainly white country even sans coveeted resources . We would not have tolerated such a thing for long. But wow, we rush off to Sri Lanka and send millions of dollars after one hundred and fifty thousand people are killed by a natural disaster, we should of course ,as more will die if we don't and of course we lost "some of our own" so it makes it imperative. But seriously millions dead...murdered.... compared to the Tsunami. .seems I don't know just totally inconceivable that we can't see what is wrong with this picture. So for now my money goes to women for women every month and I have asked , bugged and pleaded with everyone I know to consider going to their website and looking and at least doing something. I have little time for private hobbies lately. Large Format photography is maybe more interesting then I imagined the pictures can be awesome but the cameras are hell. I am going to see a large format exhibit done by an Arab women of Arab women I think it will be interesting to look at the pictures and hope then to go to see a Peter Hujar exhibit, not large format but I have been meaning to see it. That will about do me in for the day as I have some papers to write and this weekend is what we call an innie. I think I have to have a quote of the day or week or whenever I post which could be every day or every week or whatever. This really has very little to do with anything I have written but I love it. �I have not lived as a woman. I have lived as a man. I've just done what I damn well wanted to and I've made enough money to support myself and I ain't afraid of being alone.� Katherine Hepburn I loved that women she had beautiful skin. She did however, at least from what I have read, have a lover for life in a married Spencer Tracy. I guess if you are wealthy enough and can make your own way you can do what you want. I hear they loved each other though, does that make it better? Don�t answer here. How many times must a man look up, before he can see the sky? Yes, �n� how many ears must one man have, before he can hear people cry? Yes, �n� how many deaths will it take till he knows. That too many people have died? The answer, my friend, is blowin� in the wind. The answer is blowin� in the wind. How many years can a mountain exist,before it�s washed to the sea? Yes, �n� how many years can some people exist, before they�re allowed to be free? Yes, �n� how many times can a man turn his head. Pretending he just doesn�t see? The answer, my friend, is blowin� in the wind. The answer is blowin� in the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home