1.31.2005

Monday............................. Monday, Monday.

Silly drivel. Got to see two exhibits yesterday and that was nice, my roommate, Deb, went with me and it was a nice day overall. My roommates� friend from the Parson's School of Design cut my hair, just got rid of the bottom few inches, and did a damn fine job. I think he said he has been cutting hair since he was twelve as his father owned a salon in Miami. He said it helped him relax. My pleasure to accommodate. Other then that, went to a party which was kind of a fundraiser for the tsunami victims. It was at some guys apartment in the Village and he charged five bucks at the door, kind of a Sixties theme and if you wanted to sing a Dylan song it was five bucks, anything else was seven unless it was something like The Monkees and then they charged ten. People were throwing money around and singing like crazy. They had several acoustic-electric guitar players and a keyboard and it was kind of fun. Lots of pretty drunk and pretty broke people by the end of the night to say the least but no really sick typical college party drunks, for which I was grateful. I am not even sure who the guy was. The vote in Iraq was over well before I awoke of course but the final verdict is not in for me. I don't agree with anything that happened in regard to our country entering Iraq and starting this God forsaken thing but there is no doubt that the people who voted are very brave. The UN has now decided that what happened in the Darfur was not genocide. A special United Nations commission has decided that two years of violence in the western Sudan region of Darfur was not genocide but "crimes against humanity with ethnic dimensions," so now due to the fact that the US has a particular dislike for the international criminal court it will take another ten years to sort out the semantics and do something about this. News source. You can hold yourself back from the sufferings of the world, that is something you are free to do and it accords with your nature, but perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could avoid. Franz Kafka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home