2.23.2005

Chris Rock is right.

It occurred to me that Chris Rock is right on in so many ways.

Listening to some late night show or other this week, can�t remember which one as I was writing a paper at the same time, Chris was talking about hosting the Academy Awards. I don�t watch these award shows as they are quite boring, but will watch this year just to see him if I am around that night. Chris was joking about the awards somewhat irreverently, which is appropriate I think. Chris said, and this is paraphrasing as I don�t remember the exact words,I really don�t care who wins, doesn�t matter, although it would be nice to see Don Cheadle win as he would then get more money and more roles. I mean if Leonardo wins what... he gets twenty million and one dollars per film instead of twenty million. He also said "this country is "f--ked man, you can�t get a parking space at the Academy Awards, for miles and miles and miles�but yet at the Nobel Peace Prize it�s like� park wherever you want professor/doctor/ mr president there are plenty of spaces."

I guess you had to be there.

He is right of course. I actually had someone,(a student at this institution),ask me �What exactly is the Nobel Peace Prize�? No one I would associate with on a daily basis but still.

So, as a contribution to the Y generation, and in the hope that we will save the world. go here.

Very busy the next couple weeks but I am going to try to keep posting because my addiction is severe and the withdrawal painful.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rio said...

If you become famous as Jason Kottke you can spend a year on donations simply blogging!

2/28/2005 01:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in full agreement with you on this one, though it's the Google ads that are starting to chafe me recently. Just because you have a weblog as a hobby doesn't mean you should make some sort of profit off of it and subject me to more advertising.

2/28/2005 03:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay though I blog, I'm lost.

Why isn't this a comment section?

Hope that you finished and liked your paper.

2/28/2005 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Accepting donations has nothing to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of my blog.

It's about providing ample opportunity for the good and generous (or just easily persuaded) people of the internet to send me money.
Who am I to turn down a hand-out?

I put up a paypal link (in fun) about about 2 months ago after I had been declared temporarily unemployable due to injury. Same with the Google Ads.

3/02/2005 07:27:00 PM  
Blogger birdwoman said...

My pet peeve seems to have passed - that "free ipod" thing. I hated that.

(*)>

3/03/2005 05:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://onbqegyn.com/xdcf/lfcj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://qebquqpi.com/sqpr/twnh.html]Cool site[/url]

9/25/2006 02:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://onbqegyn.com/xdcf/lfcj.html | http://wvqmtwwk.com/yllf/lske.html

9/25/2006 02:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home