3.29.2005

Europe views our blogs.

Europeans, Australians, expatriates, more often then not, feel that blogs written by Americans are extremely boring. No kidding. How could this be you say? It appears that Europeans, Australians and expatriates, have had just about enough of Americans writing about the news and what is going on in the country and the world. They find this type of thing dull and self serving, it bores them to death and their general consensus is Americans just like to hear themselves talk, so to speak. Europeans, and when I use the term Europeans from now on it will mean Europeans, Australian and expatriates, would like to get their news from the news and not read blogger posts about it all over again and take note; they have a greater disdain for the commentary and analysis that Americans like to throw in.

What do Europeans want you ask?

It seems they want to hear about all the things that many Americans don�t want to hear about, at least not from fellow bloggers. They want to hear about daily living, family life, what happened at work, who we hate at work and school, who we liked to murder who had sex with whom and who we want to have sex with. What they want most of all is humor. They want funny blogs, they want us to not take ourselves so damn seriously. They want to know what kind of shoes we wear and what type of toilet paper sucks. They want to know the people living in the supposed best nation in the world. Europeans want to see how we actually live our lives on a day to day basis and what we find funny and fun about it. They want gossip and fashion.

Europeans read blogs as a form of entertainment and they want us to stop rambling on incessantly about the president, the democrats, the moral majority and Teri Shivo. They want to hear more about the Bush twins, swingers clubs and girls gone wild. They want to know that the Olsen twins will graduate after only a couple years of school with a PhD to boot without doing one damn bit of real work and they also want to know how they are going to manage that. They say they can�t find any entertaining American Blogs and they have had enough.

I�m off to look for some funny American blogs. If you know of any please leave me a link. I want to please my European friends.

I am such a people pleaser.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I agree though. Most of the blogs I find are a little boring. The problem is that people think what they have to say is important. Who knows, maybe it is, but as a Canadian blogger, I want to be entertained, and reading a 2 page rant about democrats and republicans and the first ammendment and other 'crap' just doesn't do it for me.

3/30/2005 06:35:00 PM  
Blogger NJX70 said...

I was just saying the same thing. I hate blogs that think they are the news or some new politcal thinker. Come give my site a look. I do all the talking about my normal life that I can take.

Great site! Keep up the good work!

http://anotherwasteoftime.blogspot.com

3/30/2005 11:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog it goes both ways. Political, more so then most nineteen year olds but then not so political in places.
So so you go both ways too?

4/01/2005 09:41:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Can people leave their names?

The answer is no not so much.

4/01/2005 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home