3.03.2005

A few things today.

This saddens me. I have been snowboarding for years and know you have to take responsibility for yourself on the slopes and it does piss me off when people don�t do that but if you take to risk of going on the mountain you take the risk plain and simple. I am not sure that trying to prosecute a sixteen year old for manslaughter is the right way to go. I know they have prosecuted people for this before however so I wonder how this will play out. Maybe she should not have �glided� over to the side anyway. I think you take some inherent risks when you decide to go on any mountain but especially the bigger ones out west. If you take those risks you take those risks. I feel sorry for her family but sometimes shit happens. There are some problems is blogger land. Maybe yes maybe no. Read this and you can go from there. She has quite a few links to all the talk of this , it is something to think about, not so much for the little guy like you and I but still. Similar to lists that people seem to love to post such as � One hundred things you don�t know about me� and almost as stupid. Blogs I click past as fast as possible: Sports Blogs, Christian Right blogs, and blogs where people are writing �WORD�, county music blogs unless they are dedicated to Johnny Cash. Blogs about women and their children, men and their wives, men and women and their families , craft blogs, most photography blogs as they are often bad, and blogs where people are carrying on about the ten commandments being allowed in the courthouse or not, blogs where people are whining about their life as if everything that has happened to them is the end of the world. I think too many people just have to move on. That does not include blogs about real tragedy such as child abuse sexual abuse murder or untimely death but so what if your parent spanked you, or your boyfriend cheated on you or your mom flushed your pot down the toilet. I don�t read entertainment review blogs for the most part as I don�t watch television that often and don�t really care what anyone thinks of the things I do watch. I don�t read blogs full of sexual content written by men. I don�t read medical or law blogs but I imagine they can be useful. One only has so much time in the day and Bobst Library is supposed to be for studying and I am not a medical or law student.

Blogs I read: blogs where the profile says� I am 17. I have worked as a mom, a cheerleader, and an exotic dancer. Currently, I am the SUPERSTAR of Naked Gymnastics for JESUS!�. I mean I just couldn�t help it. Blogs where someone gets revenge on the boyfriend that cheated on them by putting poison ivy in his underwear and making him think that other girl he is sleeping with gave him some kind of disease, political opinion blogs unless they start spewing an inordinately large amount of hate and bile toward the opposite end of the political spectrum. I read blogs of people living in other countries, this includes expatriates. The exceptions are blogs of this type that come under the categories listed above in the� blogs I do not read section�. Foreigners can be boring too. I read music blogs, sex blogs written by women, satirical blogs if they are written well and I read comedic blogs. I read art and culture blogs because I want to be artistic and cultured. I don�t read the �Tard Blog� that seems to have become so loved and hated these days as I personally think those women are idiots of the scariest kind. If I was a violent I might use my ever increasing kickboxing skills on those pathetic, ( and probaly old, fat , miserable, sexless and miserable in real life so we have to pretend we are writing a blog about the disabled in a fun way),creatures. I read blogs that belong to people who design templates because I like to live vicariously through them.

Did that list thrill you. If so get a life.

Extra Tidbit: I saw Interpol last night at RCMH. I had heard they were kind of laissez - faire lately and it took them a long time to get going, like almost till the end of the concert. It was not like that last night, only two songs in and they were themselves. Blonde Redhead is also good I have seen them before playing alone at some club here in NY. I however have to remind myself in the future not to go to concerts when I have an early class and tons of work to do. I am not getting any younger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home