4.24.2005

Click me Stupid

A quote taken out of someone's blog: . �I am writing this article to encourage bloggers to click on the advertising on all of the blog sites they visit. Most of us are doing this on our own time, and these clicks can help us improve our blogs as well as take care of our families.� I couldn't even read the blog after reading this and I do try to read at least two a day I don�t want to click on stupid advertisings. I think all blogs with advertising, except blog traffickers, should be banned or at the very least put in a separate category so I never have to look at them.( I am busy) If you want to sell stuff get a website. If these clicks help you take care of your family then maybe you need to stop worrying about improving your blog and get a job or if you have one get two. I think it is really nice that your doing it on your own time but just think , if you were doing it on someone else�s time that would mean you were at work, wouldn�t be wasting your own time, and would not need to ask people to click on links to help you take care of your families. I had a really good day don't know why I am so foul tempered. The nicer side. I got an email from my mother letting me know the lilac bushes were in bloom and should peak this week. My favorite flower, if indeed they are a flower which technically they may not be, they blossom, last for a very short period of time, and like many good things disappear much sooner then we would wish. So, and this is hokey, it shows that one must appreciate good things as they are often fleeting ; in and out of our lives very quickly. This may sound sad but we shouldn't despair, as with lilacs, good things come again and will come forever.

11 Comments:

Blogger mojo shivers said...

I have a few advertising links on my site, but I would never presume to leave a message encouraging you to click on them. Personally, I do my blog for fun and truly on my own time. I don't need it to support my family or make a living.

Seriously, if you've got to rely on the traffic your blog gets and them clicking on all your advertising links then you've got problems.

Also, lilacs are lovely.

4/24/2005 07:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang. I'm glad that I do not have any ads on my site (at least not ones that I make money from), because I would now feel kind of guilty.

On a totally unrelated topic, I am debating going to school in DC, NYC, or Boston. I did undergrad in Boston, so I have a good feel for life there. I've spent some time in DC, so I have a general idea of that place. I never done anything more than drive through NYC and thank my lucky stars that I still had money in my wallet after hitting all of those 5 and 10 dollar toll booths. If you had it to do over again, would you have gone to college in NYC? And why? Sounds like a good blog topic to me.

4/24/2005 03:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I have ads, but I don't tell my users to click on them to support my 9 kids. Do you want to swap links?

mike
www.mikeosipoff.com

4/24/2005 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

"If you had it to do over again, would you have gone to college in NYC? And why? Sounds like a good blog topic to me."
I am just finsihing up my sophomore year so but after two years I would do it again a hairy minute.
I'll explain why on my next post.

4/25/2005 02:26:00 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Blogs that ask me to give them money by just "donating" of "clicking" or even using their referrals drive me nuts. I work for mines, you work for yours, hey?
I have the ads also but NEVER will I ask someone to click. If they are interested, they have their own minds and can do so. If not, ignore them.
Peace!

4/26/2005 07:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the "offending blogger", I would like to point out that your blogexplosion bar DOES have a "do not view again" option. My site contains NO popups, and MINIMAL advertising; and I have posted over 850 articles between the site and my sister site; VERY FEW have anything to do with financial gain at all. Thank you for an incredibly superficial appraisal of my site and for taking the chance to flame me off site rather than leave a CONSTRUCTIVE comment.

By the way, I WILL be adding YOUR site to my "do now view" list.

4/26/2005 01:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blog-ads are one thing -- as long as they're not up in my face, i could care less about them.

posting an "encouraging article" asking for people to support someone's blogging habits -- or, even worse, their families -- is completely ridiculous.

if you need ad-clicks to help support your family, then you have issues.

"If these clicks help you take care of your family then maybe you need to stop worrying about improving your blog and get a job or if you have one get two."

amen.

4/26/2005 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

to annonymouse:
Ok , that is quite fair. I didn't use your blog address and it was
merely an opinon piece. This is a free country and that is my opinon.
You also have the right to your opinon. I don't blame you for putting
me on a do not view list I would do the same to you. Of course I know
they have a do not view tag and I use it often. It was incredibly
superficial but unfortunenately with blogging most people only see
that they don't see the good stuff due to the fact that the other
stuff turns them off. I don't even rememebr where your blog is but
that one paragraph said it all for me.

4/26/2005 05:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Library Lady said...

I am with you, Alice. If you insist on putting up blog ads fine, but demanding that people click on them in exchange for the honor of reading their blog is nervy. It goes right up there with people who have Paypal buttons asking you to support their blogs. Sheer chutzpah..........

4/26/2005 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger Audrey Roy Greenfeld said...

I read some survey somewhere that said over 70% of people don't mind blogs with ads. I wish I remember where I saw that. I don't know how accurate it was, or what demographics they chose.

4/27/2005 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some good material ...would you like to visit my blog as well?
popup window script Please Disregard the title it's on my product web site.

10/26/2005 08:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home