4.09.2005

Food Is Fuel, Nothing More.

I really want to go to bed but I just found this and I find it interesting. http://www.rightonblog.net. I found it interesting that the red companies were so full of corporations that make people fat. It might have been that this guy just spent a lot of his money at companies that make people fat and I missed the companies that did not. The point really is not about red or blue companies but the blog just got me thinking about food in general and how people in this country eat. I know there are some who feel that the government is in a conspiracy to make us fat, therefore unhealthy, therefore in need of expensive drugs and the need to purchase these expensive drugs feeds our economy. I have no idea; I am an anthropology /photography major. I believe that anything is possible for the sake of money though. Admittedly they are not subsidizing tomato, asparagus and broccoli farmers; making those products much more expensive and therefore less likely to be consumed by those of limited income. Why is this? Isn�t it pretty clear by now that in order to stay healthy this country needs to eat better. Subsidize the broccoli farmers for goodness sake. Have you seen people eat? They are gluttons. Food is meant as fuel for your body and nothing more. That is all there is to it. You don�t need to eat for fun, entertainment or even for enjoyment. You should go out and walk, run, ski, skate, sail �anything for enjoyment. FOOD IS FUEL NOTHING MORE. Partially brought on by the fact that I went out to dinner with a group of people; we went to what is basically an upscale hamburger joint. The smallest hamburger was a half a pound of meat. No one needs to eat a half a pound of meat at one sitting. One serving of fries ,appeared to me at least , to be enough to feed ten people, yet people were ordering these things as one serving for themselves. I was just in some kind of �looking at people and what they can actually shove into their mouth� kind of a trance. Forgive me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right.

That's all I can say.


Taylor Durham

4/09/2005 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

Food is like sex. Sure, it can be taken in as nothing more than an activity to service a basic human need. But food, like sex, can also be a form of entertainment. I mean--I like to eat, but I don't like to do it all the time. I treat it like going to the movies or going to the theater. Sometimes you just want to devour it all in, the great tastes and sensations, and you don't want to limit yourself to what is basically necessary. Sometimes you want to splurge and make yourself happy.

As long as you don't make it a bad habit, where you stop enjoying it and start feeling like you need it, then I don't see the harm in deriving some bliss from eating.

4/09/2005 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

I find it perfectly acceptable to take an evening to enjoy some blissfully delicious food, drink wine ( when your of age of course), and socialize. I can't honestly say that eating at a hamburger joint stuffing french fries in your mouth, not to mention all the fast food places, counts.
Most people don't enjoy food here they just shove it in by habit. I think it is all those subliminal messages that have convinced people some of the stuff they eat is really good.

4/09/2005 11:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think part of the problem too is that people drive everywhere now. "Nobody Walks in LA" has become a national anthem.

4/10/2005 09:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home