4.21.2005

Less Whining About Sex: Darfur

Quick note free of self centered whining about something as ridiculously unimportant, in the scheme of things, as my lack of acceptable dating material and, perhaps future sexual partners and back to things more significant . Noticing that when I add the word sex to the title or even to the blog hits tend to go up; I faked a pass. I know you�re all busy casting votes on who the next American Idol might be or, deciding whether you will puchase the Spade or the Prada purse but, in between that take a look at these links; they come in handy when you are trying to figure out what good you can do in this world. Passion of the Present Passion of the Present is a place for sharing ideas and inspiration. Our simple, focused aim is to help stop the genocide in Darfur, Sudan. LoadedMouth Some older stuff you may need to catch up on: Jim Moore's Journal: Reporting on systems evolving If you don't really feel like reading or investigating due to the fact that you're too tired from all the work you have at your thirty to forty thousand dollar a year college or you�re hundred and fifty or upwards a year job then just check out Modiba and purchase a CD to shake your butt too in your free time. MODIBA is a production collective united in a love of African music, a passion for modern filmmaking, and a commitment to the social and economic empowerment of the African Continent. MODIBA's first album, "ASAP: the Afrobeat Sudan Aid Project," was officially launched on November 23, 2004. This album features Afrobeat music (a funky, dancable, uptempo, political, African music) contributed by top African musicans to raise money and awareness about the humanitarian crisis in Darfur. Unicef

7 Comments:

Blogger mojo shivers said...

Great sites. I've actually checked out the Unicef site many times. It's always beneficial to help one's neighbor out whenever one can. It's only common courtesy, after all.

By the way, I just added you to my list of favorite things.

4/22/2005 01:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for leaving a comment on Cyberlibris Blog. Although the Darfur post was a while ago, I am glad you're giving it a second life. I understand you're at NYU. As a matter of fact in a past life I had a lot of interactions with the Finance faculty at the Stern School.
Are you really that lazy by the way...

4/22/2005 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jane Tam said...

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.. i go to Syracuse University but i'm from the city.. The grafitti photos are from Wooster and Elizabeth st. it's pretty famous being that building..

4/24/2005 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I hate the advertising thing too. I hate that blogging has become a capitalist activity too. Besides...all the blinking graphics sorta drive me batty.

4/25/2005 01:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I hate advertisements too and have all sorts of add blockers, popup blockers and whatnots installed, but some of then are hard to block.

I agree that if someone wanted to help their family that they should try and make money outside their blog.

But wouldn't you think the best way to end your nightmare would be to click the back button, the foward button, or the x-button? That seems to do the trick for me. Don't see what all the fuss is about.

4/25/2005 07:49:00 PM  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

LOL...You don't enjoy spending your day clicking on ads for shit you don't need so Suzy Homemaker can make $.00002?

4/25/2005 08:22:00 PM  
Blogger tomawesome said...

hey howz this for a coincidence: I was just browsing thru blogexplosion and saw yr post here then clicked to yr site. then came back to the next site on blogexplosion and guess who's it was? yep, yours! freaky eh? I guess someone is trying to tell me to read your blog. ok, ya got me!

4/25/2005 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home