5.09.2005

Something or Nothing

This has been floating around - from the ultra-pompous Inside the Actor's Studio , the ten questions asked: So ultra pompous me filled in my answers. 1. What is your favorite word? Esoteric 2. What is your least favorite word? hon 3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Passion for life. 4. What turns you off? Arrogance/ and body odor 5. What is your favorite curse word? fcuk 6. What sound or noise do you love? Friends laughing - real laughter 7. What sound or noise do you hate? Harsh knocking on doors 8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Politician of some sort. 9. What profession would not like to do? Accountant 10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Call me Buddha, call me God, call me whatever. Semantics my dear girl Semantics is all. Other Random note worthies for the day: So the word �love" that we use today we did not get from Latin or Greek, but from Anglo Saxon. It first appeared in the ninth century, and as far as can be understood today seems to have been used to mean " the care one feels for something precious that one already owns" , as distinguished from " lust"( also from Anglo Saxon) which meant " the desire for something precious that one does not already own." Thus both love and lust could be felt equally for horses, gems , art, or women(men) and in equal fashion. You might even find it interesting ,or not ,to note that the more recently a man has has had an orgasm the better they do on Mensa entrance exams. The above taken from a book that has been around a couple years called �Girls�. Written by man ,it is scary/sad ,and /or informational depending on how you look at it. I do recommend it though if you�re over eighteen and female. Word on the street is that Maggie Mead tended to be lazy.

11 Comments:

Blogger mojo shivers said...

I've always wondered what my response would be if I were grilled by Mr. Lipton. It's a good thing I don't have to face that firing line any time soon.

5/11/2005 04:25:00 AM  
Blogger LingLing said...

There's something infuriating yet compelling about that show...
i just had to say how much i love that photo thru the cab's windscreen--i'll be back!

5/11/2005 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm almost done with college.

(ick that sounds weird to say, despite the truth in it)

and i think you will fiercely love and passionately hate your time in college and not be able to have a good measure of your time there until you're well into that next phase of your life.

i'm loving college. but sometimes, it pushes me to the edge of my sanity and tests me just a little too much.

that thrill -- i don't think we'll get it much after our stays at these four year places are over, but i hope i'm wrong.

5/13/2005 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just getting through with my freshman year, and I've certainly learned that tact isn't always the right way to handle things. In fact, I learned that lesson in the same way that you cited.

5/14/2005 01:02:00 AM  
Blogger Rio said...

I'm almost going into college, and I guess this is one of the more useful lists I've come across... very honest, very truthful.

"There are some fucked up people in this world and you are lucky to have escaped all that fucked upness."

True, how true.

5/14/2005 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Hermes said...

It's a shame these valuable lessons aren't learned until AFTER the fact. After we've already fucked up.

Why don't we ever follow advice given to us by the old and wise?

Hubris perhaps?

5/14/2005 01:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Once again I find myself quoting Douglas Adams

"A life lesson is a moment where we say, "you know that thing you just did? Don't do that"

5/14/2005 10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://kkvzixlc.com/ykty/yqju.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nnfrpwdi.com/itgv/plob.html]Cool site[/url]

11/14/2006 10:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://kkvzixlc.com/ykty/yqju.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nnfrpwdi.com/itgv/plob.html]Cool site[/url]

11/14/2006 10:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

11/14/2006 10:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://kkvzixlc.com/ykty/yqju.html | http://xyzccpvh.com/iumq/ztyx.html

11/14/2006 10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home