6.27.2005

Lobster, skinny dipping and That's All Folks.

This weekend was one of those weekends where at the spur of the moment something comes up and you end up taking off with your gay friend Matt to a house on the coast of Maine. The reason for this it you want to dive naked into the cold water, you want to read The Interpretation of Cultures while the cool ocean breezes throw sand against your face and eyes, and you want to see some paintings done by an almost eighty year old man, a man you met not long ago, a man that does some very surreal paintings of very real situations and despite the surrealism his paintings are such that you know immediately what the picture represents and what he is trying to convey. (You meaning you alone, or you and everyone else in the world who knows) Matt, for those of you that have not read past entries and have no desire to do so, is a guy I met at a dreaded country club dinner earlier this summer; we have become friends, which just goes to show that you can't judge a country club dinner by it's cover. Not a whole lot else except to say except we had a great Lobster dinner as the people renting the house across the inlet for the summer invited us to their feast. The women there were quite hot on Matt ; I wasn't going to burst their bubble, ( no bubble burster I). I just wanted the lobster. I also got to talk with some guy who had supposedly been the mayor of some city in Georgia that I won�t mention here. We got into a small disagreement on the existence of God and the whole Jesus thing but other than that I don�t think I offended too many people. That man can hold his vodka though but he wasn't calling me sweetheart at the end of the evening and although I would usually look at this as a good thing in this case I am still not sure. He was actually pretty interesting. All in all a nice mind clearing weekend. Thanks to those that let me know my blog template had some how gotten messed up. I was on a dial- up this weekend and I added a link last night and Poof I was gone. It happens that way I hear. Poof and your gone. Take note.

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you think that the fact that the women were into Matt had anything to do with you getting invited? That would be way cool, and a good reason to keep him around.

6/27/2005 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's her butt in that picture then the Matt is the only reason she was invited, she used to have a picture here and she is pretty hot so I am going to guess that the ladies invited her only because they had to.

I never liked Maine, too large a place for me.

It is never a good idea to talk about Jesus with people from the south especially if they are drinking vodka.

You read some pretty weird books Alice.

6/28/2005 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

Such a great weekend you had. I wish I could have gone along on that.

Mostly for the lobster, but I'm sure the company would have been great too.

6/28/2005 04:01:00 AM  
Blogger Indeterminacy said...

What a cool weekend you had. And you also had time to write a story at my blog. Thanks for participating in that.

6/28/2005 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Wombat: I am fairly certain that is the only reason I was invited and yea I'm gonna keep Matt around as he is pretty smart and if it helps me get invited to parties where they serve Lobster,,,,,,

Joe: I don�t know what to make of you.

Mo Jo: The company would have been superb.

Indeterminacy: Yes, great weekend and yeah...posting anything via dial-up is like...hell. That was fun though.

6/28/2005 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I've never had one of those weekends, but I'm glad it's a type. I can look forward to that.

6/28/2005 10:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way you write.
The abstinence post was a good post and I liked that last story you wrote, you can write; I even liked the way you did that meme, not your typical meme.
This is great.
Didn't know anything about �un chien andalou� and �Debaser� until I read it here and I liked the way you gave into doing the meme thing but made it a story.

I haven�t read it all but will be back I have read as far as the abstinence thing and will try to get the rest later.

6/28/2005 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I get confused that your comment link is actually at the top of your posts.

I'm usually slow that. So forgive me if I comment on the wrong post.

6/28/2005 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger breasier said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend, darling. Here's to good friends and engaging discussions.

6/28/2005 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Thanks for helping me wish my father a happy birthday. You should hug him sometime.

6/28/2005 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Well I couldn't help it, I love older men. ;)

6/28/2005 11:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my youth I had similar weekends, but now have access only to the strangely attractive drunken fundamentalists.
But I usually just finish playing for the wedding reception and head on home.
Thanks for the nostalgia.

6/28/2005 11:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jesus talk is a grand idea over vodka and a discussion of whether god exists or not is usually at least mildly provocative and entertaining. Mind clearing weekends are good. I am glad you had a chance to have one. I think if I wasn�t up in the middle of the night swilling some kind of intoxicant, I wouldn�t get much done; It�s good to be gone, and its good to come back.

6/29/2005 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay...now I am thoroughly jealous...I miss the beach...while I have never been one for swimming in the ocean...I do love the whole sea spray thing and the walking in the tide...oh well...glad you had a great weekend...

6/29/2005 05:48:00 AM  
Blogger SoPPy~! said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Haven't gotten the hang of blogging religiously ... yet ;)

Any tips?

6/30/2005 08:38:00 PM  
Blogger eeore said...

Who says you can't write poetry?

That's poetry... ok parody but it's a start....

7/03/2005 07:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://dzeaqhzm.com/vntw/wgzd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lzvavnzz.com/dkko/iuyl.html]Cool site[/url]

9/18/2006 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

9/18/2006 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://dzeaqhzm.com/vntw/wgzd.html | http://shzwrxid.com/bdgr/fbpj.html

9/18/2006 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home