6.09.2005

Newport Film, Dangerous Liasons and Sluts

A few things, I promise only a few. The Newport Film Festival is underway and I was lucky to be able to go today with a friend and waste a few hours. We went to a docu in progress thing, (really more for filmmakers), this particular one was about some Italian immigrant anarchist in the twenties but the process of the documentary are interesting. Also got to see The Beauty Academy of Kabul missed seeing Shake Hands with the Devil but I have seen it before. We spent some time later on seeing a bunch of film shorts one of which my friend�s friend had made so it was overall a good time and much needed rest from this mundane life here. Not only that but I swear I saw John Malkovich although I am not really sure. Those who know me, no one here of course which is good because I of course do not want your opinion of me to be influenced by this fact, know of my rather unhealthy obsession with John Malkovich; weird really as the only films of his I have ever viewed were Dangerous Liaisons, On Being John Malkovich and some film he was in with Kevin Bacon of which the name escapes me at the moment. Not to mention that he is one of the ugliest men I have ever seen at least atheistically and his roles are often that of the cruel, evil sadistic psychopath. What does this say about me? Nothing of course it is merely the young girl falling for the ugly evil bad guy thing and I am sure I will eventually outgrow it. Sadly I have sick perverted dreams of him at least once a month or so. I figure it is the cramps bringing them on so they are more like nightmares really. I have to lean to my life for posts and being that my life lately Is not that exciting and I don�t want to post a rhetorical on �LIFE AS SEEN THROUGH MY PERFECTLY GORGEOUS BROWN EYES� I am going to post a complaint, simply a complaint about men or maybe I won�t call them men I will call them boy-men; a friend of mine used to call her boyfriend that , (a boy-man),and that kind of fits the age group I am talking about here. From the journal of a boy-man in response to some random questions one plays with when one is bored: Questions was What can you do to win my heart and the one of the answers this guy gave is don�t be a slut. Well excuse me huh. It seems to me that guys seem to like to throw that word around in some kind of �I am the judge way� when in fact the word the really applies to girls who wouldn�t come within ten feet of them even if their pockets were lined like Billy Gate's and their dick was as big say as that of Liam Neeson or Bruce Willis or David Letterman (yes Letterman) or David Duchovny,Tommy Lee Jones, Lyle Lovett,(yes t�is true), Kiefer Sutherland or Sean Penn . Don�t say I don�t do my research. The point is that it is a bit self righteous for boy- men to use that term and the case for using is usually never valid. Pet peeve of mine. Sorry Have to go take a phone call from my best friend now. I so rarely get to talk to her and I do so love and miss her. She is such a ���������..you guessed it�����.SLUT.

2 Comments:

Blogger mojo shivers said...

Ain't nothing wrong with John Malkovich. He's made some pretty amazing films, including Of Mice and Men, Being John Malkovich, and The Man in the Iron Mask.

6/09/2005 01:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jack Burden said...

Ah, the slut issue. Such hypocrisy. If a guy sleeps around, he's a stud. If a girl sleeps around, she's a slut.

Sad thing is, I bet $100 that the guy who wrote "Don't be a slut" is looking for exactly that.

I mean, what is a slut? Purely casual sex? Exchanging bodily fluids on the first or second date? (All of which, by the way, are the stuff of male dreams). I think it's an extension of the virgin/whore complex.

Maybe if there were a word like slut, with it's monosyllabic gut punch sound and desired-yet-ridiculed connotations, that were only applicable to men, that would level the playing field.

6/10/2005 09:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home