6.10.2005

Not So OK Cupid.

I am slightly aggravated that I received an email today from OK CUPID. Now one very significant fact here is that I never signed up for this, (I can find my own men thank you,or boy � men, see post below). So this email had a link, I clicked on the stupid thing and when I clicked the link it took me to an account to which I was automatically logged in. I had a profile already set up stating my age and where I was from and my birthday. This account was started on the twenty-third of May ,or at least that is what it says. It also listed my sexuality as straight but did not have my aim or a photo. Either a friend is messing with me, which would not be likely, an enemy is messing with me, not too likely but remotely possible, or some stupid spam robot is messing with me and this pisses me off. The info on this profile could easily be obtained from either of three places on the internet but the very interesting thing is the password that was used to sign me in is the password I use all the time for things accounts from email to banking. I hardly think those sites need the business anyway there are plenty of random people willing to sign up , post their picture, and even demean themselves to a rating system.You know the kind where you always give the least attractive person a ten because you feel sorry for them and you give the beautiful people a low score to bring them down a peg or two just out of spite. Maybe not out of spite but because you�re ten times better looking and would never lower yourself to that. You on the other hand prefer to take nude photos of yourself and send them to really special people only, not post them all over the internet of god sake. So as I go off to change the password on every account I have anywhere on the internet I leave you with this warning� Oh never mind fear is often more acute when one does not know exactly what to be afraid of. Random end of the day thoughts: So when the jurors arrive in their van tomorrow do you think they will be wearing their very best clothes? A basic anthropology course should be required before one can graduate from high school. I don�t mean social studies people. . Backstreet Boys Tour US who cares? They were bad before and they will be worse now only older. I just want my name out of cupid�s reach. Howard Dean: Someone put a muzzle on him please. Reading: The Lucifer Principle Hotel Rwanda is now on pay per view for those that have not gotten their lazy asses out to see it prior to now.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You�re are a cross between a twenty year old and an old female boss of mine.
with your sometimes "know it all, I am so confident and all that" attitude.

Probably a robot but I would change those passwords pronto.

6/10/2005 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger W. S. Cross said...

Did you see her interview on "20/20"?

6/11/2005 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Hypatia Theon said...

About your point:
One lesson: never to play a new CD in parent�s car. We live we learn.
That is however one of the reasons why this CD sticks in my mind and why I will purchase the acoustic version next week. That and well, (listening to the original version right now, as of course I did purchase the CD again, sometime later maybe at a more appropriate age of say sixteen or something, and still have it on my media player), as I listen to it I sometime wish that I could actually care about someone enough so that I would feel some of that angst and agony when they left. I mean I am not saying that it would feel good but I imagine the passion/love that would come before would have to be significant, to provoke the writing of such songs


Well, as I parent I see this issue now from both sides, the artist's desire for expression free of censorship and the parents need to protect our kids, perhaps you may feel overprotect is more like it?
Anyway, thanks for your kind comment on my blog, but you probably missed this buried deep somewhere among the links:
Probably now it's as good a time as any to bring up the question of what a girl should say to describe having a good time.
Pearl may get lucky soon with a guy she's been flirting with for awhile. O.k. let's not beat around her bush, she's likely to get laid by a cute guy she's been assaulting with a full-on seduction campaign of near epic proportions damned near equivalent to the preparations that went into D-Day. LOL (Why is Amia just the opposite of real life, in that here it's the guys who are so coy?)
Anyway, since Pearl appears to have ball-bearing heels, there's a "flaw" built into her character to guarantee that any "action" always has to take place off stage only later to be cutely referred to by sharing reminiscences about those ecstatic feeling or by nostalgically repeating together those sweet nothings that were uttered during the moment of truth and so on, which brings us to my point, uh, .... directly after just one more small but important diversion.
Before their ghost was well laid by Lenny Bruce, seven common Anglo-Saxon terms of enormously graphic descriptive powers were widely condemned as whores of expression, which most good citizens used heavily when they needed to get their meanings off in intimate private intercourse yet those same upright citizens hypocritically refused to acknowledge the very existence of these seven salacious words in public places such as the sacred halls of prime-time television. I'm sure many forum regulars can recite that dishonor roll from memory, while the rest of the English speakers present, even the non-native ones, would effortlessly be awarded a big red A for their ability to pass a test on the meanings and common usages of the entire magnificent seven. Thus, we all know very well that the rather innocuous word "orgasm" appears nowhere on that list of infamy. In fact, now-a-days nobody blinks an eye when celebrities appear on evening t.v. shows to describe the frequency and intensity of, difficulties with, or foreplay techniques to evoke and enhance those very personal precious moments of consummate elation.
As a role-play necessity, Pearl must refer to those unfurling waves of quivering pleasure when she shudders in frenzy over the top of love's mountain to shiver down the other side into a pool of melted delight every time she explains to lovers eager to share favors with her that the only suitable place must be behind a long series of locked, barred and very well-padded doors at the bottom of a deep dungeon or behind stone walls that would make China's own 10,000-li barrier seem paper thin. That's because when you ring her bell, it's not quantifiable in the decibels usually used for sizing up noises but measured along the scales reserved for natural disasters like earthquakes or erupting volcanoes. In other words, Pearl has to tell her lovers that she'll not go quietly into that stark delight, but it's gonna sound like, uh, remember when a huge interstellar object plunged down, wiping out 90% of Earth's life forms and splashing millions of tones of liquefied rock so far into orbit that we can all easily see spots where some of it pockmarked our dear sister moon? Well, Pearl's really intense orgasms are a bit noisier than that.
So, uh, is it o.k. for her to warn suitors in plain English about her noisy orgasms, or should she employ elegant euphemisms, Kanto, sir? If you go with circumlocutions, what are some of your favorites for telling us about Navira's rapturous paroxysms in her frenzied throes of exhilaration when sharing an epiphany of ecstasy with her fickle fey lover of the moment?


LOVE, Pearl Dragon

6/11/2005 08:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I downloaded some of the cd already. it's great, and it's not just being sold in starbucks, it's just ebing resleased in starbucks ont he 10th, everywhere else shoudl eb getting it a few days later :)

6/12/2005 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger zydeco fish said...

At least she heard the lyrics correctly. One day, while listening to the Clash's Rock the Casbah, my dad said, "are they saying what I think there're saying?" I looked at him with a stunned expression, and then I realized that he thought they were singing "fuck the casbah." I think that says a lot about him.

6/13/2005 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alanis, amazing choice.

Takes me back to my Clueless days, when I wore platform shoes and plaid.

6/16/2005 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://fkmlmyzt.com/umyo/hxgt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nsjeknhy.com/forj/kyjk.html]Cool site[/url]

9/25/2006 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://fkmlmyzt.com/umyo/hxgt.html | http://sepcnhji.com/cdwg/whso.html

9/25/2006 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home