7.13.2005

Lighter note � No Sex in the City

I�ll lighten it up for you some today. I just spent, a too brief, twenty-four hours in New York helping a friend decide on an apartment; he had narrowed it down to four over the last few weeks via various phone calls, faxes and emails. We arrived in the city early last evening and proceeded to do nothing but hang with friends, eat Vietnamese food , and at around one thirty we took off for a bar; can�t do that here. I miss being able to take off at one thirty if one desires and go somewhere where there will be a lot of really awake people, drunk maybe but still quite awake, full of themselves and their opinions, and having no intention of calling it a night for some time. Back to the apartment thing: It was quite inconvenient to go into the city for just one day but I have a class to teach tomorrow and also work; I do miss the city though, so I decided to think of it as a mini escape; I also wanted to get my opinion in as to which apartment my friend was going to be living in this year as well as I tend to spend a lot of time with him. There were four choices; it had been narrowed down via many phone calls, faxes and emails and through previous viewings at the end of last year. Two apartments were close to where I lived last year and two were close to where we were staying . I was not interested in looking all day at apartments really as it was humid, and I wanted to meet another friend for lunch so to expedite things I asked him to take me to the largest , coolest apartment first. It was further from school maybe a ten minute walk,( ten minutes further which means fifteen solid walking minutes) but I have to tell you it was awesome for the city at the price he was getting it for. I had seen pictures of the others and knew basically where they were but being that this apartment was twice the size and had an extra bedroom, brick walls and a decent view (well not that great but still I can see lights and the sidewalk across the street). I pronounced it immediately the one; I was really joking and thought we would have to trudge around the city all day looking at the other places but as my luck would have it that was not the case. He took the apartment then and there thus allowing the rest of the day to be spent lunching with friends and visiting a place in the village where I go to buy jeans. The ride home was harrowing and I am just catching my breath but my fingers are addicted to this keyboard so I come here first of course. Hot Notes: As Pia knows I guess everyone can be told. Billy Joel is my older, drunk, loser NYC boyfriend. It was proclaimed as such over a year ago and shall remain so until I change it. Paul Simon was also in contention at one time but BJ won. Sorry Paulie There is a new rule for sarcasm on aim if one would like to review it here at the Wombats place. I try not to talk politics and current events ( lie, lie, lie) too often as I am young and dumb and know nothing and realize no one wants to read it but. (The only part of that which is true is the young and no one wants to read it.) Here is my complaint for the day, late due to the fact that I am just now reading the Post. Homeland Security to be restructured; OK now less then four years ago the horrific event which prompted �Homeland Security� occurred. It would be more economical of our government to do it right the first time and not have to restructure everything less than four years after the fact. Wasteful, Wasteful. NASA- Sorry I don�t give a fuck. Feed the world, make sure everyone has fair and equal opportunities for trade and growth and straighten out the mess you got us into before you worry about sending men into space. Very little has been obtained in direct usable knowledge or theories for executable technology, at least since the Apollo program, from manned space flight yet two thirds of NASA�s budget is spent on it. Unmanned space exploration is all we need at this point in time. We don�t need it, get rid of it. It doesn�t really seem they know what they are doing anyway with all the mishaps over the last few years so yea let the billionaires finance their way into space but use my money and the money of the rest of the country for something more worthwhile. Possibly education, that way by the time we really do need to spend money on manned space flight there will be enough competent aerospace engineers. Sorry but as Cross said at Beyond You and Me in her mini review of moi � things sort of rattle about like a car out-of-control rushing along at a furious, delightful pace. Which is pretty much how I remember 20? Ah, to be 20 again!� So I continue to rattle until my twenty- first birthday and that sweet day is not within viewing distance. My last twenty - four in a nutshell and I am sure you are happy as shit you read this yes? Don't try to save me You may be wrong for all I know But you may be right You may be wrong but you may be right You may be wrong but you may be right

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But did I tell anybody about you and Billy Joel?

And nobody is too young to write about politics; too dumb, but not you. But who wants to now? It's too damn yicky--politics and the weather.

7/14/2005 09:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you do a good job with politics. I have yet to see anything knee-jerk here.

7/14/2005 09:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I try not to talk politics and current events�
Liar.

You seem pretty informed for a girl even if you are slightly opinionated and to the left.
Nice your friend found his apartment; I notice you didn't offer to help me look for mine. I found one recently too.

SO..UM....You read Erotica?

7/14/2005 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Apartment hunting in Manhattan sounds like hunting lions. How can we have homeland security when we can't find homes. Today's real-estate warning level is orange.

7/14/2005 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

Tell more about the fun bar times! I have only partied in NY a couple of times. Your adventures will excite.

7/14/2005 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've thought of moving to NYC, but I think I would get eaten alive. I'm too nice and nonconfrontational and would get smothered to death in a subway.

7/14/2005 05:31:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

first off I concur that Thai does, in fact, rock house.

also, is that the same song I'm thinking of?

You may be right
I may be crazy
but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for

7/14/2005 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Hey, being an ex-city dweller, I know how important it is to grab an apartment like that......or lose it! Good going. I'm sure you're friend appreciates it.
Peace........

7/14/2005 07:27:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/14/2005 07:30:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Alan: I know that it is hard for people from Chicago to act semi sensible but give it a go will you.


Pia: No you are very discreet, but then again you're from NY, so my being Billy Joel's young, hot, totally not a loser, awesome girlfriend was not too impressive to you I imagine; just another drop in the proverbial bucket of what goes down. ;)
I can see why you let him go though. He has horrible bedside manners; all that vomiting you know.

Weirdso: I try not to jerk those knees.

Jake: I'm skipping over the very overt " for a girl". It is very hard to get me into an argument on such an obvious pretense.
Ya I read Erotica......got any?

Doug: I didn't really do much hunting more like choosing.

Rex: I don't know, I thought you were like fifteen; I don't want to excite a fifteen a year old. Plus your affinity for women with very flat butts is annoying.

Coyote: I couldn't wait to get to NY and I can't wait to get back. You'd be surprised at the kind of people that do not get eaten alive there.

Wombat: You may be right.

Helen: He had a few options but this one he happened to fall into due to knowing someone who knew someone etc. It is a great apartment as far as I can see. I am
Quite envious of it myself.

7/14/2005 07:32:00 PM  
Blogger W. S. Cross said...

Rattle on, Girl! Your writing is always fresh and interesting to read. Thanks for the mention, but I'd be here anyway.

7/15/2005 06:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://vxnqgtoe.com/qivn/bcyy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zasjivxf.com/vpvm/fyqi.html]Cool site[/url]

9/23/2006 07:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

9/23/2006 07:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://vxnqgtoe.com/qivn/bcyy.html | http://dayxinwm.com/luqm/lldq.html

9/23/2006 07:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home