7.16.2005

Love an Artist; Marry a Banker

It's two in the morning and I just recently arrived home so I am going to make this short.........er than it could be. A woman came in today wanting a painting by a certain artist, it was here last week when she was in; it was gone of course and she was upset because she wanted to purchase it for her daughters wedding. The woman just stood there angry at herself for not purchasing it and mumbling how she didn't know what she was going to do because her daughter really wanted that picture as a wedding present. "She's marrying a banker you know", she said."She loved and artist once but she's marrying a banker. I was just hoping she would leave because I was meeting Matt for lunch and I was hungry�; he�s from an old banking family" she prattled on. I said something properly conciliatory and left her alone to look at some other artwork. I was in the other room when Matt walked in and asked me, in a not so quiet voice, if I'd received my belly button bar from the jeweler who was making it. I had a couple belly button bars and a belly button ring incorporating some of my grandmother�s old gem stones made by this jeweler in London. I had met and done some painting and photos for him the winter before last when I was there on a months break. I had sent him the stones and a design months ago and had just recieved the completed jewelery. The women that had missed out on her painting heard us talking and came meandering over and asked me outright if she could see my belly button bar because she had always wanted to see one up close. I was wearing a dress so I kind of looked at her funny and she said" honey I'm not a lethsbian I am just interested in seeing it because my daughter has always wanted one." So for some reason I took her into the back room lifted up my dress and showed it to her.( just trying to keep the customer satisfied) She had her face almost plastered on my abdomen for a few minutes making exclamations about how nice it looked and what a nice job the jeweler had done. She then said �it looks lovely but my daughter can't get one, she's marrying a banker you know". What do you say to that? Exactly. On her way out she said. "I liked your panties. I'd like my daughter to wear panties like that but you know.............she's marrying a banker". "She loved and artist once but she's marrying a banker." That will stick in my mind for some time . Notations: I'm flipping through blog explosion trying to give an honest try to most of these blogs but I have to tell you when I see the words "managed dedicated server" I immediately zone out.... Renquist: OMG is he joking. Poor old thing. I know he doesn't want to quite but I promise I won't call him a quitter. Bin Laden Down in Muslim Polls: No big surprise here I think they heard about what we did in Iraq. I'd lie too. A self-ordained professor's tongue Too serious to fool Spouted out that liberty Is just equality in school "Equality," I spoke the word As if a wedding vow Ah, but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now. In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand At the mongrel dogs who teach Fearing not that I'd become my enemy In the instance that I preach My existence led by confusion boats Mutiny from stern to bow Ah, but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now.

15 Comments:

Blogger mojo shivers said...

That's almost as strange as the time two girls asked me to try out a pair of boxer briefs because they said I looked like their friends' size. I did it, but if they had asked me to model it I would have walked the other way very quickly.

7/16/2005 05:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that song you have posted?

"She loved and artist once but she's marrying a banker."

Such is life.

Sucks.

7/16/2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

since when don't bankers like belly button rings? I suppose she thinks that bankers wives have to wear solid steel panties and must never, never show their belly button. You should have asked her to show her panties, so you could find out what a proper wife wears, as she is obviously an expert. And then tell her that the painting is being scanned so the image can be transfered to some thong panties.

7/16/2005 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger sage said...

This story has so much possibility. Share more, even if you have to make it up? Was the painting the mother wanted to buy by her former mother? Did the bride to be have a similar mantra as her mother, going around telling everyone, "I'm marrying a banker?" Maybe she should find a nice framed print of a dollar bill or a stock certificate.

7/16/2005 04:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story. I'm sure bankers are perverts, but not with those who marry them.

7/16/2005 04:46:00 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

Painters and bankers moving around in this chick�s life. And above all that, a mother with a wagging tongue. Seems the little things can spell out a story all on their own if you connect the dots, eh?
Rock on!

7/16/2005 05:20:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/16/2005 09:47:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

thatoldsoul: It wasn't exactly a trick it was pretty outright, and if someone wanted to see the earrings on my ears I wouldn't take them out to hand them to them. I don't want some skanky hands on my belly button bar. Would you?
Besides my belly is awesome right now due to body boarding.

Mo Jo: You wouldn't have modeled them? You're no fun.

Jake: You are an artist right? A lax artist?
Yeah sometimes life sucks but if you have to marry a �banker� it sucks more.
That song is "My Back Pages, It was written by Bob Dylan but its most noted arrangement and performance was by the Byrds, great song by the way you ought to download it.

Coyote: Well she obviously had a preconceived notion of what a �banker was; let's hope for her daughters sake she is wrong.

Sage: A lot of potential but I don't write fiction. I am assuming, as a lot of people around here would, that the daughter and mother are both very satisfied with the girl marrying into a banking family. I�m not talking bank management here. I think certain things are expected. There is a way of life and standards to maintain at least outwardly. Most of these people are the same type I have met at country clubs and social events throughout my life and I have always taken a perverse joy making fun of them, much to my parents dismay.

Weirdso: I'm sure there are a lot of perverts but not with their spouses bankers or not. If I were ever to marry, and it is not on my list of priorities to be honest, I would hope all the perversion would stay at home.

Rex: Not so strange even in this day and age for a person to prefer one kind of person and end up marrying another; sad but not uncommon.
Women, in general, are very chatty. More chatty then men know.

I honestly got the feeling, as this woman left and looked wistfully at me and said �you�d never marry a banker I can tell", that she was sad about the whole thing. Maybe that is why she wanted that particular piece of artwork for her daughter as she felt it would have meant something to her as now she was going to be living a life with someone devoid of passion for things such as that; that was only of course what passed through my mind and a pretty large assumption on my part.

Besides it was two in the morning, I had just gotten home and it had been a very long day and I just felt like posting something.

7/16/2005 09:50:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

My guess: She has no daughter. Just wanted to love an artist and marry a banker and see your undergarments.

7/17/2005 01:52:00 AM  
Blogger zydeco fish said...

Can I see it too?

7/17/2005 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Argh, that's so depressing.

There's that excellent Bad Religion song:
"automatons in business suits, clinging black boxes...
contented, free of care, they rejoice in morning ritual;
as they fly like drone ant colonies to their office in the sky"

I've gotten to the point where I've lost sympathy for those deluded folk who choose that kind of life. (Sweeping generalizations aside, I'll grant exception to any of those who genuinely pick such a career on the basis of a passion--not for money--but for the field itself.)

dave
from Maximum Awesome

7/17/2005 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

I haven't modeled boxer briefs, Miss Cooper, since my stint living in Toulouse when I was a fashion model.

But we don't like to talk about that part of my life. There was brainwashing involved.

7/17/2005 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If it happens again, excuse yourself for a moment, go to the back, remove your panties, then come back out and show her your belly button, plus :D

7/18/2005 03:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://mtgwifkz.com/hjmd/ybdh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ojssclei.com/vlyu/ubdx.html]Cool site[/url]

10/07/2006 03:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://mtgwifkz.com/hjmd/ybdh.html | http://xrogkwjh.com/uxtg/qezt.html

10/07/2006 03:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home