7.06.2005

Missing Children, Pedophiles and Genocide

A Senator from Alabama is insisting on more aid in the search for Natalee in Aruba, he wants the Navy . The family and some of the general public feel the FBI needs to be more involved. The mother is persistent, I give her credit for that, but Senator please stop worrying about reelection. There are dead people everywhere,and most likely she is already dead; she may also have been taken off to some other island and is being prepped as a sex slave at this exact moment. So let�s get with the program here. There are some situations right here that need the FBI�s attention. It seems our country is full of pedophiles who judge's free on fifteen thousand dollar bonds so they can go on to ruin countless children�s lives; how about putting a little effort into that instead of worrying about Aruba and their Dutch law, which frankly you have no right to question once you send your children down there to party. I do not deny the family is giving it a good shot though and my family would would do the same. ( maybe) I really think the Navy has more important things to do right now, things that will protect our whole country and our serviceman overseas. Aren�t they looking for a missing Seal at this very moment? I also find it particularly interesting that Fox news, out of all of the cable news channels , is spending an inordinately large amount of their broadcasting time on this; in a time of war, conferences to end poverty , and the situation in Afghanistan, to mention only a few, I find this a little off putting. Go ahead go ahead and total up those hours. I think you would be surprised. Here's a thought: People might want to consider keeping their children in this country for those�after graduation, party weeks�; that is what it was despite what the parents would like us to think, and save the foreign country travel for when the kiddies have been a little more seasoned; after that first term in college for instance after they learn to handle their liquor or not to take off with strange Dutch boys. There is a very important conference going on this week and yes it is important. A conference by the way that is going out of its way to ignore the genocide, as happened in Rwanda, it is happening again. This is my weekly post, the coalition is getting tired, and I am afraid discouraged, please be their voice. Why Never Again Keeps Happening The Coalition for Darfur has some interesting updates on what is going on in the region so please check them out. Do not tell your grandchildren you wished you had done something. Tell them you did something. Maybe some crazy stuff later; I was off all day and half the day yesterday. You might think I could do better but as I wrote a bad check, through sheer carelessness, and as I have been trying to develop some film in a house with a not so state of the art darkroom you will all have to excuse me. We pray for our fathers, pray for our mothers Wishing our families well We sing songs for the wishing, of those who are kissing But not for the missing So this one's for all the lost children This one's for all the lost children This one's for all the lost children, wishing them well And wishing them home When you sit there addressing, counting your blessings Biding your time When you lay me down sleeping and my heart is weeping Because I'm keeping a place For all the lost children This is for all the lost children This one's for all the lost children, wishing them well And wishing them home Home with their fathers, Snug close and warm, loving their mothers I see the door simply wide open But no one can find thee So pray for all the lost children Let's pray for all the lost children Just think of all the lost children, wishing them well This is for all the lost children This one's for all the lost children Just think of all the lost children Wishing them well, and wishing them home lyrics and music by Michael Jackson

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm watching it now and your right it is all about the Aruba thing.
I've heard that sex slave theory but I am sure she is dead.
Nice Michael Jackson song. I've never heard that either but it is frightening.
Hey I wanted to go to Mexico after high school, but couldn't afford it. I heard Aruba is quite the place to be for fun in the sun.

7/06/2005 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You are so right!! I feel for the family, but I'm sorry, this is not front page news stuff. And it is definitely not a national Fox News Alert story- but the neocons that control Fox News will do anything to distract the public from Iraq and all the other Bush blunders.

I was at the gym this afternoon and Fox News was on and they barely touched on the G8 and went to Aruba and then to why abstinence-only education is the best.

I so hate that channel. Actually I think I hate all 24 hour news channels. CNN spends half their time trying to emulate Fox.

7/06/2005 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But how else will fox get the ratings? Part of the reason for the coverage is, this is the daughter of a "wealthy" family, and as Orwell pointed out, "Some pigs are more equal than others."

As for pedophiles . . . castration and life sentences would be a more fitting punishment. Put them in general population in any major prison and let it be known they are a "short eyes." Then justice will be served.

7/06/2005 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are right about not interfering in Aruba. And if we are going to spend so much time on it, how about a little discussion of responsible behavior? I'm not saying she asked to be murdered, but this was a preventable situation.
Sadly, although we could do a lot more to stop them, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to prevent genocides and pedophilia.

7/07/2005 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

I agree that too much time is spent on the missing Aruba girl. She made a mistake and way too many people are trying to correct it. I don't know when the last time was so much effort was put into finding someone this old for this long.

7/07/2005 01:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jakob said...

Living in Europe I naturally haven't heard squat about Natalee, but anything increasing the (unfortunately not just neocon) U.S. paranoia and distrust of the rest of the world is bad news indeed, and hurt many more than Natalee and her family, GBTS.

Shit happens, as the saying goes, all over the world, but basically American kids should spend more time, not less, in other countries, and hopefully learn something about them.

P.S. Thanks for your last comment, Alice. For some reason (maybe because it was), I found it hysterically funny.

7/07/2005 07:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's funny alright and a traitorous little bitch with a bouncy ass too boot.

People don't send their kids �down there" to party and most children don't party. Most children are not " seasoned" after their first year of college either.


So your mother would be proud of you for that little graphic you use as your icon?

7/07/2005 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it easy.

I love her icon.

You're right; I wasn't seasoned until after my sophomore year.

Keep writing coop, you �traitorous little bitch with a bouncy ass".

And I bet you thought I was weird.

7/07/2005 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Traitor? I must have missed something.

I love the either "with us or against us" crap that dominates American dialouge. It's either George W. Bush or Michael Moore. Nothing in the middle. This black and white vision of the world is going to cause so many problems-- it already has.

Those anonymous comments really crack me up.

7/07/2005 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It takes a brave person to throw an insult at someone and not even sign their name. Bravo, annon. Way to show that you stand behind your statements instead of just mouthing thoughtless political shit.

This comment has been approved by Coyotemike and the committee to get Coyotemike a beer.

7/07/2005 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And, for those of annon's ilk, the above statement is sarcasm.

7/07/2005 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

It's not just Fox, Natalee is all over MSNBC too.
I feel bad for her family, but how the hell can Americans judge anyone's legal system while we have pedophiles running around with abducted kids for 6 weeks before someone notices?
Is she the only missing girl, or just the cutest whitest one?

Good post, Alice...

7/07/2005 03:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's the cutest, richest, white one.

I see that the news media has forsaken Natalee for the London bombings, due to the fact that the bombings are sufficiently terror provoking, once the novelty wears off it will be back to Natalee again.

At least when I mention her butt I sign my name.

I am guessing the traitorous statement has to due with Oliver's Army revisited.

7/07/2005 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

I responded to everyone�s comments and then blogger erased it before it posted. It was a page of very well thought out responses. Take my word for it. So I just went and spammed everyones blog.

You�re all very smart people; who else would come here?


Anonymous: you just look foolish to me, I didn't get it , it wasn't coherent.

Anonymous posts freak me out some and if I can I am going to try to disable anonymous comments.
I do not have a blogger template though and had to enter the code myself and as most of you can see the comments already are in the wrong place so we'll see if I can disable them without erasing them completely.

7/07/2005 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You don't need a template. Just change the settings somewhere on the dashboard. Get rid of annoying annons.

7/08/2005 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

That anonyomous guy does write a lot of stuff.

And how old is he anyway? He must be a vampire.

7/08/2005 02:49:00 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I like your post and agree that the idea that the navy has better things to do right now. I didn't know that Fox news was running the Natalee story all the time--I canceled all but basic cable a while back so that when family visit--Fox news won't be an option. Now I find I seldom turn on the TV. As for Trixie's comments about American youth needing to spend more time overseas--I agree, but staying in resorts in islands like Aruba ain't exactly a second or third world experience.

I really like the picture at the top of your blog--looking through the windshield.

7/08/2005 09:22:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Annonymous is on to us! He's figured out the truth about liberal bloggers and our secret plans to rid the world of Americans, apple pie, and Jesus!

seriously though anon. quit being a little bitch. If you want a debate, then leave your name and be relavent. If not, then shut the fuck up and in so doing hide your incalculable ignorance

7/08/2005 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I never left the country until I was 26. I went on a guided tour of Ireland and certain close lying areas. I never felt the need to go on some big end of year bang after high school trip to a country where I could legally get drunk at 18 and sleep with strangers on the beach.

Not to speak ill of the (most likely) dead, but what was she doing in Aruba anyway?

Oh, and Kudos to ThatOldSoul for acknowledging my existance :D

7/08/2005 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anon obviously doesn't want to debate any point. Whoever it is just wants to mouth some banal party line crap and think they are making a point. I suggest we beat whoever it is with a pointy stick.

Not that I'm pro violence.

7/08/2005 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

When I go to comments the options are 1. only registered users 2.only members of this blog 3. anyone.
That does not exactly give an option of allowing anyone but an anonymous person to post does it?
If it is only members of blogger that is too limiting; am I reading this incorrectly?
Is there not a way to allow posting from people that at least give their email address and or a web page that is not on blogger?
I think that is why I did not ban anonymous posters to begin with.
Remember I am not using the blogger template.
I have no intention of doing one of those silly register to post things either.
I'm at work so I'll look at it later.
Sent my template in to the template doctor for a history and physical.
The consult is free.

Sage: yes the coverage of Natalee was overwhelming but as of the bombings in London that has all changed.

7/08/2005 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It would be nice, but I don't think blogger allows that. The middle option of only registered users would probably be best, as that seems to be who are doing most of the commenting. Otherwise, you would have to start over at a different blog engine, of whice there are many.

I went back to the registered user only mode, because I got an anon comment because I found a British tour guide rude and commented on it. Way I figure it is, either sign in or piss off.

7/08/2005 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Yeah, the problem is I want people from Type pad or all those other formats to be able to post comments shoud they choose. Funny I originally started this blog so no one would comment. I guess I can always delete them. It's really no big deal except for the fact that two years ago I had a real freaky guy who called himself sam who was sort of stalking me , he appeared from my deadjournal or acutually what was a blurty to start with. I wasn't his original victim but it ended up that he started to send me obscene emails in the name of the guy that was his intended wictim. It's gets a little confusing. That and a stalker I had at school last year.
For now I think I will just leave it and delete nasty comments with no name and not respond. I think not responding is the way to go.

7/08/2005 03:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://tgjfodxz.com/xtyh/auvy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wzzxdunu.com/otvh/gxvw.html]Cool site[/url]

9/19/2006 01:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://tgjfodxz.com/xtyh/auvy.html | http://czlahpda.com/dqpo/xftm.html

9/19/2006 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home