8.18.2005

My Dangling Conversation

I didn�t leave comments on the last post because there was no need. I did get several emails thanking me for writing it and want to make it clear that I did not write the last post. I added the Sounds of Silence stuff ,but it is written weekly by Eugene and Freddie over at the Coalition for Darfur; go thank them please. Doug, what we can do? The magnitude of the problem of what is going on in Darfur and the corruption on that continent in general is on a scale that we probably don�t even realize. We can, as individuals, do tiny parts only at this time. We can feed the hungry and contribute financial support and actively propagate information, and educate ourselves to the facts. We can not change the inherent corruption nor can we, at least on a large scale ,intervene in the cultural upheaval. We can make it known, we can publicize it on local levels in our own communities and our schools and by virtue of getting our actions covered get Darfur covered. If you support " Women for Women" , if you give to Doctors Without Borders, if you are raising money in any way in your community get it covered by your local news media. Local news likes news to be about their community. This is the only way as far as the media goes at this time. We have to keep being heard and let no one forget. The pattern of Rwanda continues and sadly history has taught us little in this case. And I don't know a soul who's not been battered. I don't have a friend who feels at ease. I don't know a dream that's not been shattered, or driven to its knees. Ah, but it's all right. It's all right. For we've lived so well so long. Still, when I think of the road we're travelin' on, I wonder what's gone wrong. I can't help but wonder what's gone wrong. Another fairly large complaint I have is coming home to endless coverage of the sentencing of an egomaniacal, murdering, sociopath, and his last words. Let us play right into his hand and allow him countless hours of national television coverage while ignoring other much more important issues. Watching him is not going to prevent another sly crazy man from killing hundreds of people over thirty years. If anything is to be learned from this, that fact at least, is one of them. These people are out there, we are never going to know who they are until it is too late and that is a fact. Please god stop this fascination with the macabre or of one does have a fascination with acts of horror turn to Darfur because as hard as that is we have a better chance of taking care of Darfur than we do of finding and preventing very well planned acts of sexual deviancy and murder from a cunning, psychopath with a limp penis, serious control issues, and an out of control id. Speaking of �projects� wasn�t Iraq a project for the Bush administration? There are victims everywhere these days not just in Wichita. Lots of unjustifiable death; it�s been a hell of a year yes? And I dreamed I was dying. I dreamed that my soul rose unexpectedly, and looking back down at me, smiled reassuringly. And I dreamed I was flying, and high up above my eyes could clearly see the Statue of Liberty sailing away to sea. And I dreamed I was flying. School starts in a couple of weeks, one might think that would curtail some of this blog nonsense, but seemingly last year I started writing most during final exams, prior to that I wrote very little in this thing, so we will see how it goes. I am helping a friend move into his apartment in the city over the next week so I will be �here and there and everywhere�. That is one Beatle song I never cared for. Notes: Just so everyone knows, my brother Josh is really a nice guy. I was just really a little mad at him at that particular time. What are blogs good for if not for that? Good things or not so good depending on how you look at it. I now know who J Geils is. I will probably not pursue that line of listening pleasure for now. I have not actually been on a never ending vacation this summer it just seems that way. I don�t need male models, my days of photographing naked men (for the most part, Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard not Withstanding) are over. I never voluntarily look upon a naked man that I have no intention of sleeping with ( that really narrows it down here people) and the female pictures are done gratis for friends. I got a Nikon Camera. I love to take those photographs, so Ma Ma don�t take my kodachrome away. ;) I�m not crazy but yes am a bit of a blog whore at this point in time and I�m taking medication that will supposedly help this condition. Being that this medication has been approved by the FDA I may indeed have something to fear. I am going for it anyway because the stuff not approved by the federal government can�t be taxed, and good citizen that I am, I would never do that to my country. I am blaming people whose blogs I have commented on for all the spam I am getting in my email lately. Not the anonymous emails but the frank out selling me stuff or wanting me to join something spam. Bless you all as when I get less then one hundred emails a day I feel so ignored Side Note: The reason Limbaugh called Native Americans Injuns,for the what fourth time, is because he was simply slurring his words�����������.drug rehab does not always work, but good old Rush also uses only taxable drugs so don't worry. And we come on the ship they call the Mayflower. We come on the ship that sailed the moon. We come in the age's most uncertain hours, and sing an American tune. Oh, and it's all right, it's all right, it's all right. You can't be forever blessed. Still tomorrow's gonna be another working day and I'm tryin' to get some rest; that's all - I'm trying to get some rest. All lyrics by my older, hotness-not so much , NYC boyfriend,Paul Simon. ;) He is still crazy after all these years. Go Figure.

18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think this government has got a "head in the sand" mentality when looking at places that cannot give our president anything in his retirement. If we look at Darfur, then we have to look at Tibet. If we look at Tibet, we have to look at North Korea. If we look there, maybe we have to look at Cambodia or Columbia.

As for the jackass in Witchita, it is horrible what he did to people. The worst thing we could do, from his point of view, is to put him in a whole by himself for the rest of his life. He sees noone, is given a minimal of food, gets no TV coverage, no fame, and is forgotten. And in three years, we do the same to another criminal who happens to have a nice house at the moment.

People are going to say, those who hate the UN, "Isn't that the UN's problem? Let them take care of it." Sadly, the UN often follows the US lead. We have the money and the food and the military to get the food to the people who are starving and to protect them from attack.

I don't know what else to do. Maybe we should head over and do it ourselves.

8/18/2005 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for addressing the "What can we do?" question.
I like this Paul Simon kick. He's the only one whose lyrics I've recognized so far.

8/18/2005 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I used to work for Sen. Paul Simon, does that count? I met the singer Paul Simon one time also. He came to Sen. Paul Simon's office. Sorry to bore you.

Thank you for always reading and commenting on my site. Your participation is always appreciated. This whole blog experience has really opened my eyes.

Hundred emails a day??? Wow!

8/19/2005 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

You can't blame me for all the spam. I would never wish spam on anyone.

Except Hawaiians. They seem to enjoy spam especially with fried eggs and steamed rice.

Yum.

8/19/2005 04:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Simon was your almost older boyfriend? But I thought...

I am fascinated by American true crime. But the fascination doesn't stop me from feeling the pain of genocide and more because, uh I feel too much, and usually only follow true crimes that are underreported in the news, don't happen here--have a whole host of rules

Prediction--you will probably blog more during school

8/19/2005 09:44:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Coyote, they have sand in there? Thanks, Alice. I promise to send only the spam I think you can use. Please keep commenting.

8/19/2005 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/19/2005 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even in your all seriousness you make me laugh.
That btk is creepy but you're right I don't want to watch news coverage of him on a continual basis.
You're eloquent and right about all except not taking nude male photos any longer; that you should keep doing because I was feeling a need to be photographed lately.

I wrote more during school I hardly write any longer but I don't have a blog , maybe that is the problem. Looking through you're links and seeing what people wrtie out there does open up a whole new world.

8/19/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your use of words sometimes kills me.

Do you think people actually know when you are joking and when you are not?

Don't exhaust yourself with all this and take some time to party this year when you finally get back to the city. Have fun helping Ethan move and try to limit the amount of your things that you unload into his apartment.
I�ll catch you sometime next week maybe for the first time in two years.

That murderer is just what you said, too crazy for us to contemplate, and we are not going to find these people but people are fascinated with it and that is what they watch.

As for Darfur you are probably right.

As for the rest, I�ve already said you do make me laugh but the fact that people that read this probably think you are on some drug to stop you from blogging or that you really enjoy a hundred spam emails a day worries me.

8/19/2005 05:11:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Coyote: I�ll go with ya.

Weirdso: You�re welcome and yea I love Paul Simon sometimes and this is a Pail Simon week; his stuff was among my fathers old album collection before dear dad started replacing all his stuff with CD�s.

MJ: working for the senator counts for something but it is on a different level than the other Paul Simon. I�m not bored I am infinitesimally curious as to everyone so tell me whatever you want about what you used to do.
I was kidding about wanting a hundred emails a day.
What exactly has this blog experienced �opened you eyes� to?

Grahm: You are right in that news has become entertainment and that is our fault not the fault of the media. I can�t go with ya on the O Reilly thing because he honestly makes me want to vomit most of the time.
I love the BBC too.

Mo Jo: Oh but I do blame you for all the spam because you were my first link and therefore you are obviously at the heart of the situation. I didn�t want to bring it up but now see you have opened a can of worms.

Pia: Yes both Paul Simon and Billy Joel. I keep forgetting you all do not know me: the standing joke is Paul Simon and Billy Joel and I will go with whichever one does not demand a pre- nup , an hope he dies kind of early.

Doug: Useful spam? Now that is something I have yet to see; Figures you probably do get useful spam.

Jake: No one writes too much right now with vacation so no fear. I�m glad I make somebody laugh. I don�t do blondes.

John: Naw, the people that post comments here are very smart I think they have a clue.

8/19/2005 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder who we could get to sponsor our trip. I seriously think I could do some good.

8/19/2005 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger Diary-Thinker said...

Just saying, I have noticed you twice in My Messenger : HI. I must have put you there sometime ago, and forgot about why, but reading your blog, has given me reason to trust my past judgement.

8/21/2005 06:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a Nikon, too and posted some pictures in a photo blog attached to Courting

Still confused as to who your older rock star boyfriend was.

Should write about the time when Paul Simon was married to Carrie Fisher, I was invited to a New Years party at their house but ended up in the Bronx instead!

8/21/2005 06:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't go to Dafur unless you go at great risk to life and limb.

Would you be so selfish as to marry an older impaired man such as Billy Joel or Paul Simon and then hope them an early demise?

You go for the rockers as opposed to the more conservative types in in Polo khakis and Navy blazers huh?

8/21/2005 07:15:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Diary Thinker: Hi to you as well.

shuey: I'll check it out later and we'll see.

Coyote: Good Question.

Pia: I will check them out. Yeah I'm still confused too. Yes you should write all that.

Joe: I know. seriously???????
Not sure where you come up with these strange conclusions but you may be right, then again you may be wrong.

8/21/2005 11:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://umgdyiej.com/lxxk/fdpi.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fhaylaaq.com/cmow/lqxp.html]Cool site[/url]

9/23/2006 08:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

9/23/2006 08:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://umgdyiej.com/lxxk/fdpi.html | http://sgjybrfs.com/knlt/mgiv.html

9/23/2006 08:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home