9.08.2005

Hot Bubbles of Nothing

School has kept me busy for a few days. I just finished watching Andre win a place in the semi finals of the US Open. I didn't get to go because I had class this evening. My schedule is brutal plus I have one evening class and one evening reci-fucki-tation. My evenings were always my time of peace and mind wandering; those hours between six and ten which I owned so completely. I used them to sleep, or run or sometimes go into other parts of the city to galleries of the mind made up, or to go drink coffee with friends for hours; sometimes I just covered my head with pillows and let my feet hang off the bed and dozed while ruling in dreams where I was the queen of the semi-colons. There was no schedule to these hours and I had them every single day to do with as I pleased. Now�they are gone. Donate what you can. I am pretty pleased that my parents offered up our house in Maryland and my aunt, the crazy psychiatrist who used to be a dermatologist ,will be heading down but she doesn't know exactly where they are sending her. It is still quite a mess and now they don't want us to see it. Just do what you can even if it is just helping someone find someone. It is pretty sickening in some ways to be in a place where people are still more concerned about getting a new ipod or if they are going to see some stupid mystery band. I don�t know�it kind of give me indigestion.Some people don't get it even when they have had their noses rubbed in it. In my childhood rumors ran Of a world beyond our door� Terrors to the life of man That the highroad held in store. Of mermaids' doleful game In deep water I heard tell, Of lofty dragons belching flame, Of the horn�d fiend of Hell. Tales like these were too absurd For my laughter-loving ear: Soon I mocked at all I heard, Though with cause indeed for fear. Now I know the mermaid kin I find them bound by natural laws: They have neither tail nor fin, But are deadlier for that cause. Dragons have no darting tongues, Teeth saw-edged, nor rattling scales; No fire issues from their lungs, No black poison from their tails: For they are creatures of dark air, Unsubstantial tossing forms, Thunderclaps of man's despair In mid-whirl of mental storms. And there's a true and only fiend Worse than prophets prophesy, Whose full powers to hurt are screened Lest the race of man should die. Ever in vain will courage plot The dragon's death, in coat of proof; Or love abjure the mermaid grot; Or faith denounce the cloven hoof. Mermaids will not be denied The last bubbles of our shame, The Dragon flaunts an unpierced hide, The true fiend governs in God's name. Robert Graves The weekly Coalition for Darfur Post is up. Please read it.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're previous post is great stuff. I didn't get to read it until now but I wanted to comment on it anyway.


I hope everyone is doing what they can too.

"Galleries of the mind made up"? That I like.


Interesting poem.

9/08/2005 07:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post has a great sense of direction from fluff right on down to the bottom of the sea and, if one reads the Darfur post, beyond. I enjoyed the Robert Graves poem.
I knew what you meant about work up your butt last post. I was just joking, since so many have discussed your fine butt in the past.
What is recifuckitation?

9/08/2005 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the Graves poem--perfect
Weirdso already asked one question of the day
oh, glad your parents and aunt offered their homes. My friends offered their vacation home in South Carolina and condos in Atlanta.
Think this might bring out the better side in people

All of a sudden I realized that there is no escape from NY plan so why the hell should NO have had one based on hypotheticals?

Don't like realizing (after 4 years) that I'm doomed

9/08/2005 01:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome.

Recifuckitation, I love it.

My parents are doing the thing through Saint Peters . If you have people at your house in Maryland obviously no one will be there how does that work?

Poem is quite fit for the time and that other weird stuff you wrote was pretty cool as well.

I'm loving it here so far in case you are wondering.

9/08/2005 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I know what you mean. I might not be rich but I have everything. And to watch the rampant visuals of so much poverty and grief really makes me appreciate my life. In a way, it also expels so much nothingness as I take it all for granted. I'm not sure I deserve any of it, and surely those who are suffering do not deserve their hand either.

I have donated money and supplies. On Saturday I might be heading down to Louisana to help deliver it. It is the least I could do.

Tomorrow is not a promise. How true.

9/08/2005 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

I wish I had more time to myself more too. I used to have a pretty fucking sweet routine. Everything had its place. Now the time to sleep, to write, and to eat are all screwy.

And time to go out? Forget it. It's all I can do to go home and take a nap when I have free time.

9/09/2005 01:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mad props to the not so crazy, hot , smart , idealist from the city.

9/09/2005 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There can be bad parts to having too much time to yourself. Look at me. I spend nearly every evening with nothing to do and nobody to talk to, and now I'm so scared of human contact that an evening of comedy movies and pizza scares the hoohaa out of me.

9/09/2005 01:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It is pretty sickening in some ways to be in a place where people are still more concerned about getting a new ipod or if they are going to see some stupid mystery band."
There are times when people ask me "Why did you leave NYC?" and I can only chuckle. It took me a long time to come up with an answer that didn't take too long because they weren't really looking to get in to a CONVERSATION about it. I only say now, "I'd had enough".
Peace.................

9/09/2005 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Helen: Peace back at ya

finnegan: tanscience is awesomeness. Too bad about your colon thingy.

Coyote:I hope you went out and partie don down this weekend my friend. You will live longer.

Curator: thanks.

MoJo: Time, the concept is what gets us.

MJ: so true.

John: I knew you would love it there as did you or you wouldn't be there.



Pia: No escape is right.

weirdso: Thanks. It is recitation with a little fuck added for good measure. Although I was wrong anyway I didn't have one on friday evening that was for a class I was no longer taking.

9/11/2005 10:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://xzibanoo.com/sowr/mtuq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jfssgicm.com/frhk/lynh.html]Cool site[/url]

9/14/2006 05:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

9/14/2006 05:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://xzibanoo.com/sowr/mtuq.html | http://bqpbijgd.com/zjnw/ucfe.html

9/14/2006 05:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home