9.16.2005

I'm looking for love this time Sounding hopeful but it's making me cry

In the morning I�m flying down to Virginia for an evening wedding in a vineyard. A small digression: When I lived in Maryland there was a winery right down the road and on many Sundays they would have festivals, and people would come from all over. We never drove that road on Sundays because people not familiar with its winding turns were oft seen careening around turns and slipping over to the other side after all that afternoon wine tasting. We called them �the outsiders�. I'm going to fly in, check into the hotel where everyone is staying, change, and then get to the vineyard...exhausting isn't it? I feel obligated to go because it is a close family friend. Supposedly a limo is going to be whisking us all there and back again as we see fit. I�m not entering any drinking contests this go round as one of the last weddings I attended did end up in an infamous tequila shot contest where the younger siblings, of which I was one, entered into a contest to see who could do more tequila shots. Ties that bind appear often thin but when examined closely they end up being thicker than we think and they end up pulling us tighter and tighter in; Not so tight that we can't breath but sometimes it's a close call. Anyhow, there will be lots of wine; at least that seems to be a pretty sensible assumption from this end. I don't care for weddings and am not into the wasteful expenditure of cold hard cash that goes into them nor do I understand the whole giving away the bride thing, as I think I have said before if your daddy has to give you away you shouldn't be getting married. Who I am though to not respect someone else�s choices? A full report will follow. Love is blinding when the timing's never right. Oh who am I to beg for difference. Finding love in just an instant. Well I don't mind, at least I've tried. Well I tried, I tried... Just reading the Washington Post. I'm leaving the political stuff to my political friends this weekend. Study: Half of All Teens Have Had Oral Sex The part I found funny was this.

Several leaders of organizations that study or work with youth expressed surprise at the level of girls' participation.�You assume that females are more likely to give, males more likely to receive," said Jennifer Manlove,( the name itself is cracking me up) who directs fertility research for the organization Child Trends. We were surprised that the percentages were similar. And this:
This is a point of major social transition," James Wagoner, president of Advocates for Youth, a reproductive health organization, said yesterday. "The data are now coming out and roiling the idea that boys are the hunters and young girls are the prey. It absolutely defies the stereotype.
SHOCKING OMG. What year is this? You know we are not going to elect a women president any time soon when people still find it surprising that boys go down on girls in about the same rate that girls go down on guys and when they question the fact that girls actually like it. Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Kids. I'm looking for love this time. Sounding hopeful but it's making me cry. Trying not to ask why. Cause love is a mystery. Mr. curiosity Be Mr. please Do come and find me Love is blinding when the timing's never right Oh who am I to beg for difference Finding love in just an instant Well I don't mind, at least I've tried Well I tried, I tried... all italicized lyrics by Jason Mraz hot slightly feminine boy/man with soprano voice Who loves ya baby

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have probably gone down 10 times for every one time a woman has gone down on me. Nuts, eh?

9/16/2005 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and as for the elections, I think it would be a hoot if we ended up, on the next ballot, of a Clinton vs Condi Rice ticket. Of course, it would suck if Rice won.

But just think of the poor rednecks. Their choices would be a woman who agrees with them, but is black, or a woman who disagrees with them, but is white. They'll all have to spend the day humping their sisters.

9/16/2005 11:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just so sad how behind the times research on teen sexuality is. Why is anyone surprised that teens have oral sex?

9/16/2005 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I love wineries and doing the whole winery experience...weddings also, not really my thing either. Good luck there!

Hmmmm...being a lesbian I don't think I have much of an opinion on who goes down on who. I do know from my experience, and that of all my past girlfriends, that women do enjoy their oral pleasure.

9/17/2005 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Rio said...

im doing a research project on the affects media has on teen sexuality. i read an article similar to that one about three years ago in my home town's local newspaper, they were reporting that girls were going down on guys in the bathrooms at the middle school i went to. crazy kids but i guess tricks really are for kids these days and i have a feeling they must like it, well the data seems to support that they do.

9/17/2005 12:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on the teen sexuality research.
I think there are two good reasons for weddings: 1. This is (should be) a real rite of passage, commitment, and all-around special occasion, so it's worth a good celebration; and 2. It does change people's social and familial relationships, so it's right that friends and family should publicly recognize and celebrate the new union.

9/17/2005 01:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep my cunnilingus /fellatio ratio to myself for now but I did read the article and it is surprisng how surprised everyone seems about these facts.

We just don't have the same healthy respect for sex as say Scandinavia. It's always such a shocker here.

Poverty not such a shocker- sex , blow jobs, - shocker.

Have fun at the wedding. I go to only the ones of really close family friends as well. At our age we are lucky our friends are not marrying yet so we don't have to put out too much money ...

9/17/2005 02:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice.

Have fun it won't be too bad except I hear it is humid down there.


Trix are for kids.


Damn Kids.

Off Topic
You were write that CD grows on you big time. I'll give you kudos for that.

9/17/2005 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

This is important research. When I was teen no-one ever explained that I had something to offer. Where were the researchers? Where was the science? I might have become a better man.

Have fun at the wedding.

9/17/2005 02:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Go make your next choice be your best choice
And if you're looking for a boy with a voice, well baby I'm single
Are you in the mood for some dude, are you in the mood to be subdued
Or would you rather just mingle?
Let's get set then to go then and let us jet set we'll be like the jetsons
You can be Jane my wife. Should I marry Jane tonight?"
Only Mraz song that comes to mind with wedding it.


Only thing I could think of from mraz that had a marriage theme.

Trix are for everyone. ;)

9/17/2005 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger breasier said...

It's like your parents teach you, sugar. It's far better to give than receive, but better still is being able to give AND receive.

I certainly enjoy being the sender and the adressee when mail has to be sent.

9/18/2005 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Coyote: I'm speechless.

jason: exactly

Leigh: yeah those damn women.

Wineries are indeed fun, weddings...not so much.
Rio: My middle school was much more mundane but trix are for all I guess.

Weirdso:I guess it depends on many things. But like a friend of mine has said �my wedding is going to be a place where all the people I love can chow down and party."

Jake: You're right, Scandinavian countries seem a lot less uptight. I think I go to about one wedding a year; I skip the ones that I really do not even know the people.

John: Welcome and it was not that humid really NYC has been worse lately. Damn Kids.

Doug: Sorry you missed out on all that. ;)

Beasier: You people from the south are quite ummm Scandinavian aren't you?

9/18/2005 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

speechless? by my ratio or by my election predictions?

9/18/2005 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

What trully blows my mind - pardon the pun - is the fact that people generally seem shocked that teens enjoy sex. When did this become news? Genocide? Nobody cares - too real. Extreme poverty and exploitation of developing cultures? Barely makes the news...but kids getting it on...wow.

9/26/2005 01:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home