9.21.2005

No one cares, No one's there, I guess we're all just too damn busy, Money's our first priority, It doesn't make sense to me.

A Simple Plan A little ditty in the midst of a working week. A Demi Bra is a bra that basically only covers part of the breast in order that one may wear a lower cut top. I certainly don't want anyone thinking that I only have half size breasts.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
image thanks to barenecessities dot com. Still getting traffic here by searches for Michael Phelps pubic hair; this time the search it was - photos of Michael Phelps pubic hair- ewwww. I am kind of amazed that there are so many searches for this but it must be true as this has been going on for months. I never posted anything but an aim someone supposedly had with Phelps so ...whatever. quote of the month:
What was apparent that whoever was in charge seemed to assume that most Americans can hop into an SUV when they need to, spend $100 on gasoline, put some sparkling water in the trunk, some snacks, drive off with their credit card in hand to check into the hotel until the calamity passes. Baruck Obama The NTY had an article yesterday by Louise Story, sorry I don't have a link I read paper version, on how many women at high powered colleges, specifically Elite colleges are admitting that they plan to stay home when they have children and do not find this thought in any way appalling. It appears as though, unlike their predecessors of the last thirty years, these women do not feel that you can do it all. It is then stated that this presents a conundrum to many of the universities in that they expect when they invest so much in a students education that they should become leaders of this country and the dean of Yale went so far as to say that is did not seem that students were able to think outside the box of traditional gender roles. Ya-Da Ya-Da Ya-Da Katherine Hepburn was correct, you can't do it all and you will have to make a choice. Doing it all isn�t all that from what I hear anyway so damn-it make a choice and stick with it. Do I agree? It is immaterial as this is just for the record. My only concern is that with the smartest people staying home to raise kids we will end up with people like Bush in office. Weekly Coalition for Darfur Post The Descent into Anarchy One week ago, experts and observers warned that Darfur risked "sliding into a perpetual state of lawlessness." At a time when Khartoum and the Darfur rebels were preparing to meet in an attempt to move the essentially non-existent peace process forward, IRIN was reporting
Banditry and continuous attacks by armed groups on humanitarian workers, Arab nomads and villages in Darfur have increased significantly over the past weeks and threaten to destabilise the fragile ceasefire in the volatile western Sudanese region.
The "fragile ceasefire" has never really existed and fears of "perpetual" lawlessness are misplaced considering that Darfur has been essentially lawless for more than two years. Last week, the World Food Program reported that "security levels deteriorated in Darfur during the reporting week." This week, the WFP reported that "despite precautionary security measures, attacks on commercial and humanitarian vehicles continue in Darfur." And as the UN was expressing its concern "about the recurrent attacks carried out by armed men and gangs in Darfur states, which target civilians and commercial vehicles hired by relief organizations," Norwegian Church Aid was reporting that "relief convoy has been raided at gunpoint by bandits in Darfur for the second time in a short period. The security situation in Darfur shows signs of deterioration"
A growing problem is also that aid convoys are now being ambushed with increasing regularity by bandits on horses and camels. Norwegian Church Aid vehicles have been raided at gunpoint twice in a matter of weeks ... The field teams who travel most often through the western and southern parts of Darfur regularly encounter en route, and are often chased by, heavily armed men riding on horses and camels. Since the aid operation began just over a year ago, security has presented a great challenge for the agencies. Yet whereas assault, exchanges of fire and attacks on villages were previously politically motivated, much of the violence seems now to be criminal in nature.
And the violence continues. Just yesterday, it was reported that 40 were killed in fighting after an attack on the rebel Sudan Liberation Movement/Army by "armed nomadic tribesmen" [aka "the Janjaweed"]. This was followed by another report that 80 government soldiers had been killed by the SLM when they captured the town of Sheiria in a surprise attack in retaliation for earlier government attacks on rebel-held territory. The attack on Sheiria put at risk some 33,000 civilians who rely on humanitarian assistance after staff from three NGO's were withdrawn due to the fighting. And for good measure, the UN Mission in Sudan (UNMIS) "reported that the security situation in the Kalma camp housing displaced persons has further deteriorated with a large number of security incidents, including some 60 reported attacks on women over the last week alone." All of this took place while the sixth round of peace talks were being held in Nigeria. It has now been more than a year since the United States declared the situation in Darfur a "genocide" - and the security situation on the ground is now even arguably worse. While government-orchestrated attacks on civilians have diminished, mainly because "there are not many villages left to burn down and destroy," the rampant insecurity in all likelihood still qualifies as part of Khartoum's genocidal campaign to "deliberately [inflict] on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part." The genocide is not ending and the situation is not improving. The people of Darfur have, for all intents and purposes, been abandoned.

27 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh yeah, half sizes won't do. Still that thing doesn't look comfortable at all.

Obama is awesome. He's fun to work with.

What about when people get a discharge from the military, during time of war I might add, to go to grad school for an MBA, with a C-average I might also add, and then become leaders; is that a conundrum?

9/21/2005 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

it confounds me still how one can just sit by and watch the baby say goo-goo while industries, institutions and what have you's fall apart. but then that's just me. and blast it all, demicups never really suited my sensibilities. or my tits. sad, really.

9/22/2005 12:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transience: First, there is a lot more to being a mom than that. Second, the difference one could make to industries and institutions is usually negligible. The difference one can make to a human life for which one has accepted responsibility is incalculably great.

What I find appalling in the news about women is that the Dean of Yale thinks women don't need to be educated if they are "just" going to raise children. Even some of my fundamentalist Christian students at Veryred State U. were more advanced than that. I'll have to look at my alumni mag and find out who the hell the dean is now.

Thanks as always for bearing witness to Darfur.

9/22/2005 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

mj: Naw that is the most comfortable bra you would probably even be able to wear it.
Indeed he seems awesome he is at the very least a great orator and as for your last question...yes.

Weirdso:
Dean of Yale: Peter Salovey and the exact quote was What does concern me is that so few students seem to be able to think outside the box; so few students seem to be able to imagine a life for themsevels that isn't constructed along traditional gender roles
I'm not saying as to if I agree with him or not; I do agree when you take one person the benefit would be negligible but when you add a lot of them it could be harmful in a country that is already lacking in scientists, etc. I mean is the goal to make children great so they can in turn stay home with children ... I do get confused by this. It is a vicious cycle where gender roles do really remain unchanged for the most part.

Tran: wrong or right i am a demi cup kind of girl and i too feel that letting the world fall to crap while spending all my time changing a diaper would drive me mad. Then again if one chooses to have a child one must make some concessions in raising them so I think the bottom line is to make wise decisions.

9/22/2005 12:51:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

I think you can't do it all and that you shouldn't try. It's like they say about writing. Would you rather write on many different genres and only getting above-average attention for each of them? Or would rather stick to one genre, one milieu, and garner a lot of attention for getting really good at it?

Stick to one thing and become the best at it, I say.

9/22/2005 04:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the impression that the Dean shared the colleges' notion that they were not getting a return on their investment if women became moms.
I'm not saying women can't ever be anything but moms, but there is more and more evidence (which old Peter Salovey, whom I don't remember, should be aware of) that many aspects of "gender roles" are simply results of "gender." I was raised on all that American feminism, but my experience as a girl, a mom and an educator has blown a lot of it out of the water, which is NOT to say I think women shouldn't have the options feminism has brought. I would say that insufficient parenting is unbelievably harmful to children, and the evidence is all around us, but being a parent is not an either-or choice for women, nor is it only the mother's choice.

9/22/2005 08:52:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Thanks for the remedial lingerie help.

9/22/2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I kinda like half sized boobs. Or regular sized. Or anything natural, really.

I can't make up my mind if I would prefer Hillary or Obama to run for Prez. Either would do very well. Maybe they could go as a team.

9/22/2005 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

I came here from a link at Politcal Notio. I've read your comments there and didn't realize you were so young at first, but will confess I've read quite a few of your entries over the last couple of weeks.

Obama is very well spoken and his statement is not unfounded.
Hiliary and Obama will not happen.

Demi bras is an interesting topic of conversation.

I'm not sure about doing both the mother thing and the career thing but it does seem the tide is turning. I could see how we might have cause to be concerned about the people that are left for public office.

If it's OK I will add you to my list of non political links when I get that list going. I may need to add you to both lists.

Nice place.

9/22/2005 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Coyote, I bet Obama could pull off a demi-bra.

9/22/2005 07:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demi Bras. No comment. I like whatever is in them preferably real.

Obama - no comment. I'm not up on all this but between Hilary and Obama I think Hilary would have a better chance this time around.

Coming from a home with six kids, and having a mother who did graduate college but ended up staying home to raise us little booger produecers, I'm not sure what to say. I'm not gonna tell my wife to stay home. If I ever have a wife that is. Doubtful.
Kids are a lot of work and from what I can tell, and this is not stereotyping, the ones with parents that were not home needed the parents home. I guess you're right. Choices.

9/22/2005 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can pull off a demi bra. The question is, who is wearing it and do I really want to pull it off?

9/22/2005 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger Zube said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've gotta say, I LOVE Baruck Obama. LOVE.

And I don't have any demi-bras, mostly because wearing a low cut shirt would only PROVE to the world that I am flat. I'd prefer to keep them guessing.

And, that is one freaky search re: Michael Phelps. Bizarre.

9/22/2005 08:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baruck Obama, my brother saw him at BC. He was impressed it was for Freshman invocation or some such thing. I think that is where that quote came from.

I think that demi bra looks kind of comfortable but I'm with the other dude, taking if off would be more fun than looking at it.

Michael Phelps pubic hair? We're going to have to discuss that one.

My opinion is if you have kids someone has to stay home with them for at least some of the time, nannies are well and good I guess but I don't think it is the same.

9/22/2005 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

thatouldsoul:
Well he may be yours now but he may be ours someday.
I never get offended; I understand how hard it is to live in that windy city of yours.
Are you a creepy stalker? Thanks for the warning but it's too late.
Mojo: You do very well not doing it all mojo.

Weirdso: I got that impression as well. I think bad parenting is harmful to children and insufficient parenting is harmful to some children. i also think too much parenting is almost just as harmful though just from seeing friends who had parents who doted on them twenty four hours a day but also expected the world from them... Harvard, ya know.
I know many kids who wished their mothers worked at least by high school because the parents were just way too much in their faces.

Doug: You're welcome.

Coyote: I think hil would prefer to pick her own team. I also don�t think he�s going next time around but I only think that due to what I have read.

Businessman: I've seen you there. Yes feel free to add me link we have a new interesting topic weekly. ;)

Graham: I imagine there are ways to work around it all. The study I am referring to however found that people were not working around it they were preferring more traditional gender roles. Not that there aren't people who are more creative but in general.

I'd try to see if it is on anywhere. I watch little TV right now with school and all. There is a lot of info on the problems that face the continent and certainly they are huge and the whole thing is problematic. So much of what is happening there and in the Sudan in particular is happening due to a our total disregard of it and also due to trade regulations and the inherent corruption that comes when people that have so little get something.

I wasn't writing about Phelps pubic hair, I promised him I wouldn't nor would I show those pictures I took. Seriously though... I pasted an aim in my journal once that someone supposedly had with Michael Phelps and somewhere I must have mentioned pubic hair either in that or in another post so for some reason when people are searching they end up here; I bet it's straight though from all that chlorine. ;)

Doug: If he did then he could kiss his bid goodbye at least in this century.

Coyote: True in some cases it is better left on.

Zube girl: Thanks for stopping by, seems a lot of people love Obama.
Yeah freaky search.

John: Well you can stay home with them. Lucky Joe if he got to see him. I think that is where that quote came from.

9/22/2005 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm digging all the Obama love here. It's interesting to see the comments. Especially considering I will be spending all next week with the guy.

As far as women getting an education and then raising babies is fine with me. I say do it all, and then do more.

I think educated baby raising women that turn around and return to the workforce is way more of an accomplishment than anything a man can do. Unless of course an educated man stays home to raise the kids and then returns to the workforce. Whatever floats your boat is fine with me. I think people can do it all, men or women. And if not, I would rather fail trying.

I think we are our own limitations.

Oh, and I'm not sure I could pull the demi off Alice. Unless they make like a size 50.

9/23/2005 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

Yes, I do nothing at all very well too, Cooper. LOL

9/23/2005 05:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice bra, I love a woman in any kind of bra. The lessons learned here are truly fascinating.

I think Obama is a great speaker and he seems to have susbstance, I don't don't much more about him.

Stay at home , don't stay at home moms to each his own I say it doesn't seem to be such a big issue today. I think people that make choices to have children are more likely to have someone stay home with the kid for a certain period of time and the others are choosing not to have kids. That is how it should be.

The dean seems to be worrying too much about the colleges investment. Colleges are too much like businesses these days.

9/23/2005 04:41:00 PM  
Blogger RuKsaK said...

Even the word 'demi-bra' is sexy.

9/23/2005 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

Anarchy for sale.
Slightly used.
Going cheap.

Rock on!

9/23/2005 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

mj: digging the obama love. lol Well give him a kiss for me and tell him to man it up.

I'll see what i can do on the demi.

MoJo: You making fun of me boy?

Joe: Yes as I said we try to learn at least one thing here a week and if you don't understand it we will explain it to you and won't even make fun of you.

Ruksak: It is fo sho sexy. Hope you're writing you seemed to take a break for a bit.

Rexy: I never take anything used and ya know you get what you pay for.

9/24/2005 12:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While one certainly might be home all the time and be a bad parent, I contend that it's impossible to be away most of the time and be a good parent. Also, the "stay-at-home moms" I know are almost never home because they volunteer all over the place, schlep other people's children around, etc. These services should also be taken into account when assessing the "productivity" of women who "don't work."

9/24/2005 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

I can't argue with you there although I think some kind of compromise can be made if the women really wants to work. I deally the compromise would be not having children at all.

9/24/2005 12:58:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lets hear it for us non-breeders!!!!

9/24/2005 01:32:00 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Speaking as someone who once inhabited the professional world, and may again someday, but is currently a stay-at-home mom, we're not all mindless. Blogging, mostly politically, is my mental aerobics. I read, I interact, I speak my mind, particularly as it pertains to the shortcomings of our leaders. Among many goals, I want my girls to grow up confident in their ability to interact with the world at large in a respectful manner but confident to question what strikes them as irresponsible and wrong. I can't imagine such a role model appearing in the programmed schools or necessarily professional world.

As for demi bras, I agree they're great for lower cut tops, but useless if I bend over (total spillage).

Oh, and to the guy who'll be spending time with, Obama, please pass along my adulation as well, tx.

9/26/2005 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger The Library Lady said...

The SAHM thing is a social class thing. Most of us simply cannot AFFORD to stay home with our kids.So it's a choice between having kids and working to support them or not having children at all.

Most other industrialized nations have things to HELP mothers-- paid family leaves, quality day care, etc, so that the choices are not so agonizing.

I do have to say I find it laughable that there are STILL women on college campuses training for the MRS degrees. If that's their goal they should spend their college time taking child care classes and other things that are truly relevant in their lives to be. Then maybe they'd know what to do with those kids when they have them and wouldn't spend so much time dragging them to Gymboree, Kindermusik and every other organized class on earth from the time they spring from the womb.....

9/28/2005 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger W. S. Cross said...

Hard to comment on the bra with all the stuff about Darfur and not sound vapid and ditzy, but I love the way you make us feel flushed with excitement and then guilty for putting our erotic pleasure ahead of the suffering of millions. Whip me now!

9/30/2005 11:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home