10.01.2005

Driving Away From the Weck of the Day, and it's Finally Quiet in My Head

Think I�ll be seeing some Pixies, Beck and Belle & Sebastian this weekend among others; maybe Rilo Kiley if we get there early enough. Hear that Mo Jo? Two days of music so I hope to catch some of it. That�s if I get my work done. Horticulture Club: I got a bushel of these from a friend in Maryland. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us I had never seen them before. Evidently these are not particularly indigenous to Maryland; I believe Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas are their home of choice but they do grow as far up as New England. This friend found several bushes somewhere and did some research on what they were; he found that there is some old wives tale that claims they keep away spiders and cockroaches so you can probably figure out why he sent them to me in NYC without me giving you even the tiniest clue. I placed a few around my room and in a friends apartment; I think they are supposed to go outside the building but that is not possible. They look like green brains and are supposed to smell slightly like citrus and are often called osage oranges. I have a bushel or a crate or whatever it is. I 'm pretty sure he broke some law by sending me a perishable bushel of green brain fruit just as I probably broke some law in excepting it. When the agriculture feds come after me and put me in the slamma please inform Justin his parents better sell the vineyard because I want the best attorney in NYC. By the time Friday arrives the literal and the metaphorical have merged; this is not a dangerous place just closer to the edge than I usually stand. Despite this psychologically dangerous unification Fridays are actually good to me, and Saturdays awaken the part of my mind which provokes the fissure which in turn promotes unblessed but necessary equilibrium. Political Notes: Bill Bennett isn�t a racist like I�m not a hot, but rather frigid, dirty girl wanna be with the hottest butt in NYC. The Truth is Out There. Get off your chubby little behind and go find it; may be under a lot of dog shit so wear gloves. I'm planning an out of character weekend to end the seemingly endless monotony which is the chosen life. And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud And I know that you'll use them, however you want to title and italicized lyrics by Anna Nalick

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The Pixies = Good Times.

Coincidentally, I was introduced to them by a friend of mine who is about as pixielike as one can be at 24.

I think I know what you mean about Fridays. For me it's Thursdays that do that. Except they don't treat me well.

I have nothing but agreement for your political notes, though I'm curious as to how the manner in which you spend your weekend qualifies...

Have a great one in any case.

10/01/2005 01:10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so envious that I'm greener than that bizarre fruit! I would love to see Beck in concert. HAVE FUN!

10/01/2005 06:11:00 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

What ya got thar is sum Bois d'arc (pronounced Bow Dark in southern) apples. Not good for eating, but pretty good for beaning somebody with from a fair distance.

10/01/2005 08:55:00 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you! Can't wait to hear...Pixies and Beck, AWESOME!

That bushel o' green brainies is pretty interesting. I don't think I've ever seen one of those here in Cali. I am not a really fan of anything that has more than 4 legs, so I think it'd be cool to have an organic repellant against those creepy crawly creatures.

10/01/2005 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen anything like them. Pretty green but ugly at the same time.

By the time Friday arrives the literal and the metaphorical have merged; this is not a dangerous place just closer to the edge then I usually stand. Despite this psychologically dangerous unification Fridays are actually good to me, and Saturdays awaken the part of my mind which provokes the fissure which in turn promotes unblessed but necessary equilibrium.

I guess this means by friday you're ok?

Bennett is nothing if not a racist.

Hope you get your work done and go have some fun.

10/01/2005 02:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have sworn I posted something here earlier in the day.

Keep putting all your words out there.

Words are good.

I don't care if you mesh the poetic with the poltical.

Maybe this will disappear to.

I have never seen a green fruit such as that, it's ugly in form but the color is stunning.

Pixies = good stuff, Beck too.

10/01/2005 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Enjoy your out of character weekend. I won't tell dad.

10/01/2005 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

Ugh... they call them Osage oranges here in Ohio...not good for anything, as far as I can tell. Not good for horses to eat, or so I'm told. (horses with explosive bowel problems). I find them extremely annoying trail traps when I'm hiking around these parts...

Bill Bennett? Racist? LOL...Aw shucks, that's like saying Jerry Falwell isn't the posterboy for tolerance ;-)

Glad to know you take pride in your butt as well. I'm sure its a nice ass...obviously attached to a well-informed perso :-)

Pixies rock, BTW. Doolittle is one of my favorite albums. Rock it, sock it, put another show in the bag LOL

10/01/2005 06:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm outraged! You probably think he has a gambling problem too! Next you'll be calling Barbara Bush a racist! Will you people never stop?
I've never seen those green thingies down here. I doubt they work or we wouldn't be crawling with roaches I'd put up against NYC roaches any day of the week. (For one thing, ours fly better.)

10/01/2005 09:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That thing is green.

I would call you a hot but particular wanna be dirty girl be with the best ass in NYC. You know what it takes to be a dirty girl just do it.

Kidding.


I just got back from a katrina concert in Boston - not as good as the one you are at. :(

I hate when the literal and metaphorical merge. It hurts.

10/02/2005 01:51:00 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Wombat: They were good times. Now if I can only remember them.

Oh it doesn't qualify as a political note it is just a note added subsequent too. You are way too anal wombat.

ThatOldSoul: The brains are sitting all over the place here and I am considering selling them as some sort of
magic potion.

Bird: I may end up not seeing Beck tonight. I saw him this summer though and he is awesome.

Jay: Throwing them onto people wandering the streets of NY sounds like fun. Bois d'arc apples-sounds so much better than brain fruit.

Leigh: The Pixies I love have loved and did love. Not sure if these things are really going to repel anything but we'll see.

Jake: They are pretty green, I did get my work done or most of it and I did have fun. Not sure If I'm going back to Brooklyn today though because I basically just got home from last night and feel kind of sick.

Joe: They are good stuff.

Doug: Thanks - he has such a bad temper as you can probably guess, and, he is used to getting his way. I always figured he would get his in the end. We can only hope.

Info Bounty Hunter: I was becoming so fond of those little green things. :(
There is no doubt the Pixies rock and yes of course my butt rocks too although not near as much as it should or so I am told.

;)

Weirdso: Maybe if the captists types learned how to clean their homes and not leave food all over the place they wouldn�t have such a problem.

John: Aspirin helps.

10/02/2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Every day I do this and forget that there isn't a "tongue-in-cheek" font. Maybe I should just put a disclaimer on my portrait.

10/03/2005 07:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home