12.30.2005

Aloha

I'm heading to the airport soon with hopes that I will get on the flight with the rest of the gang from here. This is not because I don't like flying alone I have flown alone quite a bit and find it refreshing, but because now that I am packed I want to leave. The flight is around fourteen hours, which is good as some of the flights I have looked into are up to twenty- three hours with layovers and I certainly have no intention of going that route; besides, it would be best to get there before New Years Eve. If I've learned anything this year it is that alone is good and sometimes necessary but that it is not the be all or end all. Life is short, do what you can and do what you want. I've learned that people die and that you can get by without them if only because they are part of you. No resolutions from here, it�s a day by day thing. I'll see you all when I return. I'll try to give New Year shout out. If I don't get on that flight and have to come back then I will probably be back to write more incessant bullshit. Wish me a flight. Get out there and of course. ....If the Plane goes down....I'll remember where the love was found.

Aloha

15 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

Good luck on the flight! In the air myself soon.

Keep it real, eat pineapple. Everyday we wake up breathing is a good one.

And from the look of things, the love ain't going anywhere... so bring back stories.

12/30/2005 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Have a great trip. Ask the pilot to do a barrel roll when you fly over Kansas.

12/30/2005 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Have a very safe and wonderful trip! I can't wait for you to come back and talk story!

Aloha!

12/30/2005 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger Day by Day said...

Hope you got a flight... :) We need details when you return... ;)

Have fun!

12/30/2005 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

I wish you a flight and a safe and uneventful one at that.

I'm with you. I don't believe in resolutions - carpe diem come what may. Live each day as if it's the last.

Aloha smart cookie!

12/30/2005 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

I enjoyed reading your Happy New Year Post from last December. I think even without an audience you were always pretty aware of yourself. This year seems better for you and that is good.

You do travel a lot and are a lucky girl for that.

Lucky you.

12/31/2005 01:25:00 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Have good one and hula your days away!

12/31/2005 05:28:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Huh. I could have sworn I posted a comment here already. I guess that means it's too late to go on the record as far as "where the love was found." I'm guessing you know better than to go by the record anyways.

As for eschewing the resolutions in favor of a day-by-day approach? Yeah, you totally just put me in my place there. I got philosophy-served.

12/31/2005 06:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh yeah, and Happy New Years, for almost certainly the last time

12/31/2005 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Happy New Year, Alice. Shake that grass skirt!

12/31/2005 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year and have fun.

We'll all miss you!!

1/01/2006 01:52:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

i know the flight will be good and the destination better. happy new year's, alice.

1/01/2006 02:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice whenever I fly I tell a friend that if the plane goes down he has to dedicate an issue of his paper to me

Know he might, but know the chance of the plane going down...

Hope you had a wonderful New Years and New Years day, and trip

1/02/2006 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
Hawaii. I've never been. Bet you'll have fun. Are you surfing?
It's good to be back to blogging.

1/02/2006 05:48:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Alice come home. I didn't mean it. I meant something else. Something nice.

1/02/2006 07:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home