1.27.2006

Love to Love Rent to ya Baby

My long typical pre-weekend post; good bathroom reading. What????? You don�t take your computer into the bathroom? * SHOCKED * Pre weekend notes is all and I�m sorry that this week was lacking in profundity but I was under the influence of Benadryl, and the great destroyers of kidneys and livers Motrin and Acetaminophen, for most of it. Although not from an overwhelmingly medically based family we do have our share of Hippocratic Oath takers and they are nothing if not totally paranoid; they are also nothing if not generous, and they have always made sure to share their ( not without some basis but nevertheless crazy) fears with us all. What is family for after all if not for that? My B play list for the weekend: Belle and Sebastian - I�m Not in Love, Ben Folds � Rock This Bitch, Prison Food, and Bastard Ben Harper- Waiting on an Angel and Mama�s Got a Boyfriend Now, Beach Boys � In My Room Blues Traveler-Stumble and Fall, Black Flag - Depression, Bikini Kill- Rebel Girl and Sugar I�m getting ready to go see if Mizzy B�s in - laws really did leave and I am holding my breath on this one. I have now been overwhelmingly blessed with people who are renting to me so I am going to introduce you to them even if they don't want me to. First: Dan at Scenes From a Wasted Life . I know he is tired from his recent trip to Vegas so do not annoy him too much but go say hey to him. He is on my sidebar anyway and I enjoy reading his personal journey and you will too. Next: They called my blog �for the younger crowd�� but they rented to me anyway. I guess I�m not offended but looking through most of my readers I think Wombat is the youngest at nineteen, and I am guesstimating that Joe G is about eighty- five and the in betweens are definitively in between� but hell ya�ll always wanted to be thought of as younger than you are didn�t you? So go check out blogging for kicks because hopefully most of us do blog for kicks.( and love and recognition and validation but that is another story isn�t it) Third: is San Francisco Liberal. The perfect place for me despite the fact that I am in NYC; They appear to be looking for contributors to their blog so anyone here from SF might want to make a jaunt over there. This all makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. I needed it especially after I looked at Shayna�s site and seeing that the celebrity picture look alike thing told her she looked like various hot celebrities and mine�.

� came back with one option �� Sophia Coppola - � I begged them for another option and they sent the thing back saying �no bitch it�s Coppola take it or leave it�. This most disturbing fact is that she is like fifteen years older then me. So then � I uploaded this ��

�..to see if I could trick them. Didn�t work then I got bored. You may also want to consider helping them name the Bring it On Mascot. I am going to have to think about that this weekend. He�s is too cute but needs a killer name so put your thinking caps on and go to it. I'm out for a few, or for the whole night depending on how it plays out. Yup you guessed it the drugs have worn off and it's time to get this weary ass on down the road of life. From ABC News.
Two of the party's Senate leaders, Harry Reid of Nevada and Charles Schumer of New York, privately made clear their unhappiness with the strategy, even though they, too, oppose Alito's confirmation. And Rep. Harold Ford, seeking a Senate seat in Republican-leaning Tennessee, dismissed the filibuster approach openly. "It does not appear that there is any reason to hold up a vote. I hope my colleagues in the Senate will move quickly to bring this process to a dignified end," he said. Despite a decision by Kerry, Massachusetts Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and others to try to block a final vote, leaders of both parties agreed that Alito's confirmation was assured for Tuesday. The 55-year-old appeals court judge would replace Sandra Day O'Connor, who has cast deciding votes in recent years in 5-4 rulings on controversial issues such as abortion rights, affirmative action and the death penalty. Democrats fear he would shift the court rightward on those and other issues. Because of moves by Kerry, Kennedy and others, supporters of Alito's nomination must produce 60 votes on Monday to advance his nomination and an Associated Press tally shows at least 62. That would clear the way for a final vote on Tuesday. The AP tally shows at least 53 Republicans and three Democrats intend to vote to confirm Alito, well over the required majority. Reid announced he would side with Alito's critics on Monday, though on Thursday he had made clear his unhappiness with their strategy. "There has been adequate time for people to debate," he had said Thursday. "I hope this matter will be resolved without too much more talking."
I want those three democrats fired.

31 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, shit. I'd like to know whose bright idea it was to allow a simple majority to determine a lifetime judicial seat.

I'm convinced that both your face and ass just overwhelmed the server and broke the program. only logical explanation

Huh... just read Dan's post. Hooray to us!

1/27/2006 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Is that you ass?

If so how does that one above me know that?

I admit I saw this and did not want to be the first to make an ass comment so I went and wrote a blog entry and came back.

I had hoped they would have had more guts than that as well cooper.

That was funny.

Nice ass. I won't ask if it's yours. Just email me if it is. ;)

Nice face too, better than the coppola but not that different.

Have fun and I'm glad you are better and were able to rent yourself out.

That sound bad doesn't it?

1/27/2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

From that second pic, I d say the celebraty you look like most is ME!!!!!!!! Lucky you!!!!!

That last part of you're post was real BO RING!!!!!! I just skipt over it and I bet most REAL American's will to!!!!

1/27/2006 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

When I did the celebrity thing I got Vladimir Lenin... Huh?

Now I'm all giddy.

1/28/2006 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Rio said...

i take my computer in the bathroom so i can have mad dance parties in and after the shower, its gets a little crazy but its been my between hang over work out lately. and no duh youre for a younger crowd youre young...and you talk about sex

1/28/2006 01:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

show off

1/28/2006 01:41:00 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

My laptop's all f-ed up 'cause my son beat the shit out of it and it is on crutches, lives in a wooden structure so it remains in place, on the couch... defeats the purpose of it being a laptop, but hey, it turns on and is my escape into the blogsphere away from them, the damn intruders... otherwise, I'd be hiding in the bathroom with it as it is, I am smack dab in the middle of in-law ville but I need my laptop as I am a blogwhore you see...

So yeah babe, they're still here... it is pouring like you wouldn't believe... they are technically supposed to leave today, day 34, but I am not holding my breath...

My advice? Don't get married... if you do, marry an orphan or make sure the parents are out of reach, in a Siberian prison or something... oh, and avoid Italians at all costs... they are evil, EVIL I SAY!

So, am I in Wonderland or not? Which one is the good place to be... BoheMians want to know... in the meanwhile, back I crawl into my hole...

1/28/2006 03:49:00 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

PS~ Adendum~ Whatever...

My very first picture try came out as Paris Hilton! WTF!!!! You have seen me! Paris Hilton?!?!? WTF!!!!

1/28/2006 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

Okay...finally caught up enough to do some serious blog reading.

That is a wonderful picture, but, alas, I don't think you look anything like sophia Coppola. I'd post a pic, but no digital camera other than the huge-ass Canon I've got for work. Not sure Ohio taxpayers would approve if I broke a 5-figure tax-funded digital camera by taking pics of my ass.

I'm going to go ahead and be a pig here. Good Gawd, girl! You have a very nice ass ;) Sorry, but the brain is nicer, though.

You take your laptop in the can?!? That sounds like my week.

1/28/2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger The ZenFo Pro said...

MizB:
Very good advice about marriage. Only thing I'd add is just go shacking and screw what your own folks think. Having survived two-and-a-half engagements (I count the Almost-marrying-a-friend-whilst-drunk as a half. The Designated driver talked us out of it halfway to Vegas.) Random drug testing works, too. And Botox testing. Maybe a psych eval.

:)

1/28/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Mista Zen, I am all for shacking up with the lova... he really wanted to get married though so, why not? He married me 4 times too...

As for the folks... never cared much for what they thought... I left Spain for SF to be with the lova and told them 2 weeks before that I was in a relationship, that they knew him, who it was with and oh, that I'd be gone in 2 weeks and was not coming back...

1/28/2006 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The filibuster does seem unlikely at this point, but stranger things have happened.

Probably more worrisome to me is Sen. Frist (who is also under federal investigation for insider trading scams, same as Martha) wanting to revive in the senate a Constitutional ban on gay marriage. So not only will we have a right-wing Supreme Court, but also a right-wing debate in the senate trying to pass discriminatory laws.

Should be a fun year!

1/28/2006 11:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fired is too easy, I�d opt for a more public display� Moa Ze Dung style. [I�m expecting a visit from the Ministry of Love regarding various thought-crime�s any day now]. Hopefully something will protect us from the tyranny of the majority? Well on second thought�

It is unseasonably warm and sunny here in Kentucky. I�m on my way out as well, but not necessarily for fun, but to continue the seemingly endless drudgery of academic pursuits [I�ll squeeze some fun in there somewhere]. Hope all are enjoying the weekend!

1/28/2006 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shit. Now I need to post my Aristocrats joke.

re: AverageBusinessman: It's because I am awesome

1/28/2006 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was reading Miz Boho's blog; got sent here; feel like I'm in a maze or Alice's really in the looking glass.

Too much sleep last night; feels worse than too little;-)

1/28/2006 03:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And very glad to know that I'm not your oldest regular reader ;-)

1/28/2006 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I still don't get the whole renting of someone else's blog thing, but that's ok. There are lots of things in life that I don't understand, and I've accepted that fact.

For some reason, I am starting to lose interest in the Federal Gov't. Maybe if they could make a decision, follow through with it, and do so in a Constitutionally lawful manner, my interest might return.

Then again . . .

1/28/2006 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Wombat: Wasn�t my idea is all I know. I blame my parent�s generation.
I tend to break things.

Bizman: Now you sound like that joe did back when I had that old icon. It does sound bad.

Panzeee: At least it�s not plastic like yours, and not to be mean, but I do agree the second picture looks similar to your face.

Dan: Giddy is good, yea I hate that picture thing.

Rio: my computer refuses to dance, even the tango.:(

Mizzy Bohem: I�m sorry. It appears they have left now and I think you are safe at least for now. I�m sure you�re busy though. ;)

Wonderland or Not����.that is the question for us all.
Yeah and Paris is not that attractive in my opinion and you are so �there ya go.


Don�t worry


I never will marry
I�ll be no man�s wife
I expect to be single
For the rest of my life.

That will certainly take care of potential in-law problems.

A little hard on the lova boy making him marry you four times. ;O

Zenpro: No I don�t take my laptop to the can but it appears rio does�.to dance and such�maybe I�ll try it.
I do think you are still half crazy zenpro�half crazy librarian.

MJ: yes the whole thing is a little disappointing, what a bunch of wimps.

Bell: for all we know we are the majority but a weak majority is of absolutely no benefit. I like you public display idea though. I�m happy for your warmth it is not ad here so I feat the worse is yet to come. Enjoy it Bell.

Liberal traitor: So you are one of those blog battlers?
Lol I think that we need to put you in therapy for that.
Lots of people come through here maybe you can find something cheap.

Wombat: aren�t we modest�.humble too.

Pia: I�m afraid it is a maze dear, I don�t know what to do about it though as I�m more lost than you are. Ha ha I�m sure Joe is ancient and if this doesn�t flush him out of the closet to admit it his age well nothing will.

Coyote: evidently a lot of people lost interest and we became fucked�.in a manner o speaking we fucked ourselves. So now we have to un-fuck ourselves or live deservedly in a country of oppression. What will you tell your children Coyote? What, what tell me what?

1/28/2006 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Just so you know, I had a huge crush on Sofia Coppola but you're much prettier.

1/28/2006 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Good B-List...nice butt. I think doug is right, you are much prettier. I did the celeb thing and it told me I looked like Jennifer Connely and Patricia Arquette! WTF? Go figure...it I think it's broken or something.

1/28/2006 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I knew I didn't say that quite right. And I'm not sure how to say what I want to say. Maybe it is less of a lost of interest as a lost of trust.

I'm just tired of being lied to.

1/28/2006 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Doug: you are alittle brown noser dog too. ;)

Leigh: for sure broken as far as i'm concerned. lol spewwwwwwwwww

coyote: I do get what you mean though.

1/28/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'm a dog, what did you think? I meant every word. You know what, though? That picture reminds me of Natalie Portman. How'd they miss that?

1/28/2006 11:57:00 PM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

With all do respect, Smart Alic, you are VERY childish!!!! As for you're insult's, they dont hert me cuz whatever you say bounces back onto you! What ever you say bounces back onto you!!!!!!
Nah Nah!!!!

1/29/2006 06:26:00 AM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

Oh, and Mr. Dog, dont wory about making me jellos, cuz I am VERY DISSAPOINTED in you rite now, and Smart Alic can have you!!!!!!!!

1/29/2006 06:27:00 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Doug: I just want to pat your head.

robotman: so we all agree.

Pansi: Thanks that makes it easy. I don't like conflict anyway. Of course it bounces back on to me Pansi you ar made of rubber plastic and are quite bounce-off-ish that and KARMA.

1/29/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Indeterminacy said...

Nice photos. Thanks for the glimpse into Wonderland this morning ;-)

I tried two of my photos in that celebrity thing. One came back 58%
Hugo Weaving and the other turned out 70% Ayn Rand. (I'm not kidding). That explains all those conversations I overhear in public:

"Say, isn't that Hugo Weaving over there?"
"No you dummy, it's Ayn Rand."

1/30/2006 02:49:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Alice, that's almost a disappointment after last week. At least throw in an ear rub.

1/30/2006 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

12/03/2006 09:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

12/04/2006 04:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To tell the truth I in a real delight of that you have created. I cannot call it as site at all. It is the whole world and life for the people keen by this theme, for people with the common interests. I think, that the purpose of your site is to unite people with similar sights.
- www.blogger.com x
[url="http://phenterminefatal.blogspot.com"]phentermine[/url]

12/18/2006 02:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home