2.16.2006

Afternoon Delight

I don't usually bother posting links to some of these sites, even though I read them, as they are usually nothing more than a bunch of people posting rhetoric back and forth and congratulating each other for their thoughts or not depending on the moment. ( Not always of course which is why I read them)This however may be a good one as there might be an original thought or two in this ( 9th Carnival of Feminists - call for submissions) so take a peak at and maybe write something on it . I can think of several people here that might have some thoughts on the subject. Even guys..................or as I am on Olympic snowboarding mode.......dudes. ;)

I don’t have time for this but maybe one of you out there might be interested. Myself ...I plan to get paid for my work the same as a man, share all house work or do none, have sex when I want and not be called a whore, not have sex when I want and not be called frigid and never allow a plastic surgeons knife to touch my body unless I do severe damage to myself in say….a snow boarding accident. :)

Pia has a featured post on BIO which you should also read and I will get to later…. because it looks like a good one and I need to think about it. Something I am unable to do until later this evening. I haven't been around as much as I would like but it has been a rather busy week. I hope to catch everyone later.

A small addendum as I am waiting for someone to return a borrowed book.

I've been watching the Olympics in spurts and frankly am glad Bode missed his gate. He may be a really nice guy but to me he is the perennial "asshole American athlete" that so many strive to be.

17 Comments:

Blogger Indeterminacy said...

That call for submissions sounds interesting. My muse keeps telling me I write like a feminist, so maybe I should submit some of my stories.

2/16/2006 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

I have lots of thoughts about girl's bodies. I am a true feminist at heart.

As for US athletes at the games, the US having to have a late goal to tie little Latvia also caught my attention. Ahhhh.

At least the snowboarders showed up to play.

2/16/2006 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

I can see where some of your regular commenter’s might be candidates for an essay on feminism as describe by that site. I think you could do it proud yourself but I know you are busy. Thanks for pointing it out I will have to read the results at least.

I’m going over to read pia's article now.

No comment on the asshole American athlete; a succinctly made point.

2/16/2006 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger RuKsaK said...

I love your uncharming way of presenting links - it's really, well, charming.

2/16/2006 06:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug; and yes you should all read it, and the comments--they're fascinating sort of.

And they're calling out for Cooper among others!

2/16/2006 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

Yeah, Bode Miller really crumbles my cookies. There is such a thing as being an ambassador of our country outside of what you do on the slopes.

2/16/2006 07:48:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

I am so sick of Bode. Sucks I have to share a last name with that guy.

2/16/2006 09:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, bode seems to be a real jerk... As for the feminist thing... I toooo would like to get paid for my work the same as a man (I have experienced the ups and downs of that one)... I have always had sex when I wanted and if I was ever called a whore it was never to my face (again, a man can sleep with as many women as he wants and the word "whore" never comes to ones mouth...why is that?) I wouldn't mind having a nose job or a butt lift but I'm to chicken to have a knife be carved into either area... I have had laser hair removal done (which I highly recommend) :)

2/16/2006 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Haven't seen much of the Olympics but I do want to catch the women's curling. Should be interesting.

I don't care how sophisticated people would like to pretend curling is because frankly I think it appears very funny.
Some idiot delicately slides what looks like a tea pot across the ice while 2 other people use sweepers to clear a direction for it...

I do that with soap in the shower all the time.

2/17/2006 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

"Carnival of feminists" is a terrific title.

Sorry, that's all I got.

2/17/2006 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Of course you know I agree with the whole sex thing and the plastic surgery thing! Sad thing about these days we live in, most people think me nuts for my vehement opposition to plastic surgery! *GASP* What does the bohemian mean "eat right and exercise" for weight loss when there is lyposuction? *GASP* Wrinkles are a map of one's life? Is she high? Hey, I am all for natural preservation but keep knives away from me! Unless, like you said, shit happens and I get squished somehow and need some unsquishing...

Oooooh! A carnival of feminists! Gotta check it out! Speaking of which...

...why is it that when a woman writes with strength and belittles what is fucked up with regards to our rights she is considered to be in a bad mood? *GASP INDEED*

2/17/2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rotting with grace = feminism, lol, okay, so maybe that's gross, but it's true and many of us look great doing it! ;)

2/17/2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Indeterminacy said...

Doug: Probably women terrify you and you on't know what to say ;-)

2/17/2006 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooper--thanks for your very generous offer!

2/17/2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Rio said...

ive mostly only seen mens ice skating and womens curling, the US womens curling team is pretty hot. im dating this guy knows skiier Daron Rahlves, i think he cried when Daron got 10th in the downhill. as for the feminist stuff i ditched my womens studies class this week to get drunk and ended up dressed as a pirate so... i dont have time either?

2/17/2006 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

You are all sexy brilliant sharp minded people.

I will catch you all this weekend while roving through the blogeshpere.

Until then..................


I'm strung out, without a light .... my leather worn and the wind is calling.

2/17/2006 01:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha total dis.

2/17/2006 01:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home