2.10.2006

A Dot's Thoughts for the Weekend

I am a dot

(nothing more)

in a sea of dots.

I sometimes touch other dots

some will be moved by the touching

others will not be

that is the best I can do .

I don't really give a crap this weekend.

I had a weird experience yesterday; my roommate from freshman year showed up and delivered to me a pair of underwear which she said were mine. It appears she found them among her things and for some reason decided to bring them to me because she was going to be in my building. Now I have no real problem with this...well except for the fact if I never saw this girl again I would be quite content and I don't really need a pair of underwear almost two years old that have been sitting among this girls things forever.... but why on earth someone would bother to do this? The whole thing was quite bizarre( as is she) and I thanked her and threw the underwear in the trash and that - I think - was my biggest mistake as I did it while she was standing there instead of waiting until she left. She proceeded to start in with...."see this is the whole problem with you and always has been"............... I won't continue but as our history wasn't pleasant you can imagine that this did not add anything to an already unpleasant week. The "whole problem" with me is hardly explained by the fact that I don’t need a pair of two year old underwear of questionable ownership and wear. Geesh

No the whole problem with me is much more complicated than underwear I hope. "Maybe not". ( she thinks as she pulls the back of her thong out of the crack of her ass )

I'm staying in to do work this weekend except for a grocery trip. and maybe a poetry event which includes Taylor Mali. It is irrelevent to life but I'll be in... somewhere.

My bag is full of things that need to be completed, other stuff as well but as that stuff may be illegal we won’t discuss it here. Some notes so that you do not lack things to read this weekend.

Great rumination and worth more than consideration. (In light of the hoopla about the Danish Cartoon) here. Thanks Indie.

Some Valentine days notes here at absurdity jam. Thanks to the Wombat.

My last Valentine day post (my only one on blogger). I won't be referring to this day this year on this blog as my feelings on it stand. As no one read the last years I might as well redirect you all there this year. I prefer orchids though........... just in case.

Shayna has some good news about the vets and Eugene and if you aren't familiar with the Eugene saga you will have to start from the beginning.

I've never mentioned Ruk here before but as he finally finished his last story I am going to direct you to Ruk so now you can read it in its entirety starting here. This is only his last one there are more so check him out. Do not direct emails to me asking me why I read such shit direct them to Ruk asking him why he writes it. Ruk is truly special though so go to it.

New site added to sidebar...check out Free Radical and join in the milieu. Some of my faorite people hang there.

The Pansi files are having a blogiversary and as they did a blogiversary review on me ( even though they did not mention my fine ass ( and weirsdo is thinking " will that bitch shut up about her fine ass she is getting on my nerves" ) and I know it is because off arguments over ownership of the affections of mister dog I forgive them. Go check them out. They haven't been around this long just because of the naked gymnastic thing. ;)

So why has the Bush administration chosen this moment to suggest that genocide is no longer taking place? Some of the answer lies in the awkwardness of having declared Darfur to be the site of genocide—which Colin Powell did in September 2004—but subsequently proving unable to do anything about it. Aside from American bluster at the U.N. and some time on the ground by Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick, the Bush administration has shown no stomach for meaningful action—and certainly not for humanitarian intervention by western troops, the only means of halting the genocide. Lacking an effective policy, Bush officials apparently decided simply to rename the crisis.

read the rest here.

33 Comments:

Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

The whole underwear thing is just a little too creepy for me.
What kind of reaction was she expecting?

Hope you enjoy your weekend and the poetry event.

2/10/2006 03:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Your links didn't all work but they do now.

You are pretty cynical for one so young but I agree about Valentines day; if we practiced all this love all year we wouldn't have to go broke for this ridiculous, but sometime fun due to chocolate, holiday.

2/10/2006 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger zydeco fish said...

Maybe it's just me, but I have this strange feeling that she has een wearing them for the past two years.

2/10/2006 04:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem.
I hope you can get some of your projects worked on this weekend. I have lots of unfinished business to attend to as well; papers, papers, tests and papers… uuuggghhh. I felt I little out of my depth to comment on the last post, and late as well, so sorry for that – I do think you get primarily out of education what you put into it though. Thanks for the links for things to check out. Always good to get some good leads in the seemingly endless cyber-void.
That panty room-mate story is weird. She sounds creepy. Maybe she was stunned that you were not more appreciative of having your missing, 2-year-old underwear back? Creepy. X- roommates or friends who show up unexpected and unannounced to drop off old underwear and then start an argument are never welcome in my book. Never I say! Not welcome for less than that even.
If last week was not-so-good, then I hope the next week brings you brighter horizons

2/10/2006 05:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of your best posts ever. Probably all that studying and the stuff in the bag you can't mention

Think every woman has had a roommate or friend who did something similiarly stupid and gross, and every sane woman acted the way you did, which gave the first woman ammunition to rip into her.

Jealousy, just jealousy

2/10/2006 07:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is tooo weird about the undiroo's! My Freshman year of college I caught one of my roommates friends going through my undy drawer. AND... my roommate use to use my towels (used towels) to dry her nappy body off and then walk around in them... CAN YOU SAY EWWWWWWW!!!! Yeah, we eventually came to blows! :)

2/10/2006 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

That is bizzare. I'll have to check out your links. Enjoy your weekend, Alice.

2/10/2006 11:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the poem.

You go many ways don't you?

The rumination I appreciated. Thank you for pointing it out.

I will have to check on the others later it's past my bedtime.

2/11/2006 01:09:00 AM  
Blogger dan said...

I know I shouldn't say it, but it has to be said by somebody, so I'll just get it out of the way..

If you don't want the underwear, can I have them?

All right, seriously now... if you don't write about Single's Awareness Day, I'll have to.

2/11/2006 05:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you post a picture of the underwear with or without you in them?

On second thought she probably did wear them so you did the right thing throwing them away.

The dot poem is cool.

I seem to be one of the only people I know who liked their roommate from freshman year.

2/11/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Where do these people come from?!?!? I once had a roommate, when I left the gypsy hostal in Madrid, who was a weirdo 28-year-old virgin with great acne problems... not that there is anything wrong with that but it gives a better visual... Anyway, all her living expenses were paid by her company yet she insisted we divide everything and each get her own things, such as our own toilet paper because her costs were too high as is... Whatever.

One morning, at 7am, as I slept away in my room, the door opened, the light was flicked on and I woke up to Miss Virgin Acne Face blabbing on, without having the courtesy to wake me up first even though that would have been fucked up too, to say that I should pay more than 50% of the electric bill as she thought I used more electricity than she did... What? I was groggy. This was too surreal. What the Fuck?!?! As I came to, I interrupted her mid-speech and said, "If you do not leave right now, I am going to get up and beat the shit out of you!" I came to, decided to get up but she ran out. I really don't know what I would have done.

Oh! And when I moved in the fridge was packed full of mouldy and rotten food. Serious psycho!

So the underwear thing... yeah, something she would do too. She once gave me packaged lettuce as a gift.

2/11/2006 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

seizethenight: It was creepy but she is creepy. I think she came around just to be nosey. Thanks I hope I get to go, it's this evening.

average: sorry about the links. I 'm not cynical just tend to be a realist. Chocolate ..yes I agree.


zydeco: you too???? lol

bell: thanks, yeah I have a lot of work as well. Hope you get your work done and have some time for peace.( of mind)

pia: I love you because you called me sane.

shayna: roommates can indeed be just gross. This one was a nightmare for me.

sar: you as well.

joe: everyone goes many ways I think. You’re welcome for the rumination point out.

dan: if you knew my old roommate you wouldn't even ask.....or nevermind maybe you would. lol
Singels awareness day? I'll have to look that one up. Like I don't have enough to do...thanks dan. ;)

jake: well you are one of the luckies and no.

mizzy bohem: lol, this one came from hell. I used to wake up at three in the morning to horrific sounds of her and her ...hook up ,, in the bed. I asked her not to do that again and to tell me on nights she was going to bring someone home. I was gone a lot of the time anyway so it's not like she didn't have time. I merely wanted her not to show up while I was sleeping as I didn't like to wake up to people fucking next to me...
The third time it happened I had had enough and I got up put the lights on etc. She was mad so I said that "I was sorry but it was the third time this had happened in less than two months” I had asked her to at least give me the courtesy of waking me up or telling me before hand so I could take off". (I was gone a lot so she had ample time to fuck when I was gone.)
She also had fake boobs which she liked everyone to feel constantly.

2/11/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Significant dot I'd say.

You could have waited until she left to throw the panties away.
I'd have loved to see the look on your face when someone returned a pair of two year old underwear though.

2/11/2006 02:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i meant to add that i sent you that darfur info, read your email i sent it to both.

2/11/2006 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

The virgin and the whore! What a pair they would have made! Ha, ha, haaa! Revenge would have been ours had we paired them up! ;-P

2/11/2006 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

Personally, I too think two year old underwear is overrated and have made it a policy never to accept it.

Especially from strangers.

Or Manitobans because those people freak me out.

2/11/2006 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger RuKsaK said...

Thanks for the link - I don't know why you, or many people read my shit, and I still have no idea why I write it - but emails asking me why are one million percent welcome.

Thanks again.

2/11/2006 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's been my experience that any sentance begins with "See, the problem with you is..." Is rife with hypocrisy.

Have a hell of a weekend.

2/11/2006 07:07:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I bet she was trying to poison you with the underwear, and was mad that her evil plot failed.

2/11/2006 07:27:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

taboo: ah thanks

mizzy bohem: indeed

mojo: shouldn't be rated at all.

ruk: good game , good game

esoteric: half a hell and now i am impaired

if i missed anyone i catch you in the morning i'm kind of dead.
fin : your are right on ruk he is radical and here i thought for sure i knew how it was going to end ( my bad) and I'm glad to see you around.

2/12/2006 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Ryan Guhr said...

I would tell her to keep em...
I am a dot also.

2/12/2006 01:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always throw out underwear that's creepy. That thong seems to be creeping too--throw it away before I have to hear about your ass again already.
Thanks for the kind words on "Pansi Files." I will have to go over to Ruksak again. Haven't been in a while, but like his writing.

2/12/2006 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

You're ass can HAVE Mr. DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/12/2006 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Pansi!!!!!

Kudos to your former roommate. Bringing by 2-year-old panties has to be the most creative plea for attention I've run across in a very long time.

And Kudos to all of us that no-one asked if they could have them. We're a classier bunch than I'd realized.

2/12/2006 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

RYAN: How nice to meet another dot.

weirsdo: she's creep and leave my thong alone.

pansi: get a grip.

dawg: I think you missed one and she certaunly did always like attention she is also pretty nosey.

coyote: Well maybe . I do know a girl that put poisin ivy all over her boyfriends underwear when she found out he was withanother girl one weekend..he ended up with something he thought he caught from the other girl...it was great at least according to her..after she dumped him.

2/12/2006 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Hmmmm... she kept your chonies for two years? It's kinda creepy. Good move throwing them out.

2/12/2006 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Shayna- your roomate had a nappy body?? Gross!

2/12/2006 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Oh and Coop...this wasn't the one with the uneven fake boob job is she?

Totally Sick on midnight fuckfest while you were there.

2/12/2006 07:49:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

LEIGH: the girl was just my worst nightmare and yes it is the same one. Yea shayna had a nappy bodied roommate i guess i shouldn't complain.

2/12/2006 08:49:00 PM  
Blogger Indeterminacy said...

Thanks Alice for pointing your readers to my Tucholsky translation (the rumination). This was one of Tucholsky's more important pieces, and deserves to be known.

I think the upcoming post will stun you, because it captures an emotion that you are sure to have felt before...

2/13/2006 04:45:00 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Oh, thanks Dan. I knew we weren't that classy.

And thanks, Alice for pointing me back. I hate to start Monday filled with illusion.

2/13/2006 07:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice you can make tiptoeing through your comments into an event

Still think your roommate was a creepy but necessary coming of age experience

Still plotting my Duke dawg Doug satirical revenge, but things like playing in the snow keep coming in the way

2/13/2006 08:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny! The above post... I just wanted to drop by and wish you a Happy Early
Valentine's Day
!

2/13/2006 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home