8.08.2005

This Bird Has Flown the Coop or The Coop Has Flown.

I'm taking all things into consideration. Thank you for your discourse on the last post; too bad there is no such discourse on things such as Darfur. Taking another couple days off as I have my best high school friend coming from out of town late tonight and were going to do some secret friend stuff, so � this bird has flown� will apply to me for a couple of days only. As Jay suggested I may not know "shit" about men and should probably spend the next couple of days finding out more. I have not been totally neglecting that aspect of my life this summer although, when you look at the last two years in its totality possibly I have, and maybe I have missed something. It is a necessary evil ,I am afraid, to look at men under microscopes and judge them thus making them less desirable. If you judge them and judge them harshly it makes it less likely that you will want to deal with them leaving you more time for academic pursuits. There comes a time, when even dear Alice in Wonderland or Not has to take a step back and view all things from a different location in her mind. We want to be alive in Wonderland after all. She will not step so far back that she falls off a cliff but step back she must. Avoiding the abyss has never been the issue anyhow because she has no fear. It's all due to those stupid T Shirts she used to wear in sixth grade. Have a nice couple of days. I�m going to scroll through your blogs after I post this as I have a couple of hours to kill and I have a touch of an attachment to ya'll. If you are bored and have not read past entries here are a couple of suggestions. Abstinence-Nah My twentieth birthday. The only list I ever made. What I really wanna know- a story The only meme I ever did here. Think people please because we are not animals and our brains, not alone but for the most part, make that distinction; do your research well and make your decisions based on facts. Don't pick a party pick an issue,don't pick a persona pick a cause, look into it make your best decision based on that and go from there. Remember to pray for our president as he languishes in the heat of Texas with legs up talking to his minions by phone as he sips mint tea; he has it so hard these days with all those nasty polls showing him lagging and with that total bitch having the nerve to ask him what her son died for. I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me I am extraordinary; I am just your ordinary Average every day sane psycho Super goddess Average every day sane psycho liz phair Peace Out.

22 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is why I can't fully join any political party. Somehow, we have lost the idea that politics is supposed to be about individual issues, instead of going for simple black and white distinctions. In most other countries, individual parties focus on a single issue and push towards that. I was in Ireland last year during their elections. There were many many parties, and they each had their goals. One party was for worker's unions. Another was for freedom of Northern Ireland, while still another was against child molestation crimes. The party would hone in on their issue, and work on that instead of trying to solve everything at once. Maybe that's what we need to do. Find your issue, folks. Find your issue.

8/08/2005 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

For the record, Alice, not knowing sh*t about men implies a deep and robust understanding.

8/08/2005 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, judging women ain't fun either. Trying to figure out women might be entirely impossible.

I took the weekend off, watched some baseball, drank some beer. I can understand needing a few days away.

But, be careful, with the time away that you have been doing lately, you're starting to remind of Bush :)

8/08/2005 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Oh, damn me, and have a great few days.

8/08/2005 10:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're leaving because when you start reading two books on Iran at the same time the time has come for a
break.


I'm taking a few off myself.

Type 2.5 and loving it.

I think you have a good understanding and are wise to stay away.

Men - Women. The hell with it all I say.

8/08/2005 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the abstinence post. I missed that one. Well written.

I like your politics or policy on politics.

Enjoy the couple of days whatever you do.

8/09/2005 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger mojo shivers said...

Have fun storming the castle!

(Think she'll make it?)

(It'd be a miracle.)

8/09/2005 02:40:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

secret friend stuff is great. enjoy yourselves and all your secret things.

8/09/2005 06:58:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay...you have reminded me why I love to read your blog...you always get me thinking.

Have fun with your friend, we all need a break every now and then.

8/09/2005 07:34:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Super Goddess, average everyday sane psycho... ;)

8/09/2005 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Alice - Excellent post. Partisanship shouldn't instigate separation;, rather, issues should ignite unity. (I think I may need to use that again.)

Enjoy your secret friend time (I recommend a spa day!).

8/09/2005 04:18:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that the problem with hoping for discussion of Darfur is that there's nothing to discuss. Its a cinch that we should in fact be doing something to solve it, and discussion of what should be done is immaterial as those in power couldn't be bothered. Thus, the question remaining, the only question remaining for all such obvious issues of social welfare is this: "How do we put forth before the entire world the common sense of the subject in terms so plain as to command their assent?"

8/09/2005 07:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And as for the whole relationship thing, I once again return to that repository of earthly wisdom, The Muppet Movie.

You can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em.
There's somethin' irresistabullish about 'em.
We grin and bear it 'cause the nights are long.
I hope that somethin' better comes along.


I say discard the microscope but don't blind your eye. Swim, but don't drown, and above all, have fun. Life is to short to torture yourself, either by getting too caught up in it all or by locking yourself away.

But if I could just remember to heed my own counsel...

8/09/2005 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger W. S. Cross said...

Looking forward to your return and the frisky things you say. Be well, love well, eat well and have fun!

8/09/2005 07:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun.
I enjoyed the abstinence post. I agree and would just add that I think keeping kids busy with productive pursuits is a good way to build self-esteem and encourage relationships built on more than just hormones and sex appeal, and that in addition to being well-informed, one should always carry a condom.

8/11/2005 08:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a better person than me! Who blogged through vacation time, but had fun.
Doug is wise; take Sar's advice

8/11/2005 02:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she stormed the castle she would probably make it, very quietly,but she'd make it.

I'm glad you took a few more days off you need more down time and hope you had fun doing secret friend things.

8/11/2005 08:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's people like you who make reappreciate my home town

thanks mucho

8/11/2005 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Coyote: I agree with finding your issue to a degree. I think eveyone needs to know about all the issues myself, but in most cases that is impossible so at least knowing the facts on the issues that are closer to you would help in the decision making process.

Doug: I agree of course.

MJ: if not fun why bother, as for baseball yo are welcome to it. No comment on Bush and his vacationsssssssssssssssssssssss.

Jake: ah exactly.

Joe: thanks I did enjoy .

MoJo: Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Transcience: I live for secret things.

Spiritdancer: We do all need a break and should take more.

Theresa: Yes I admit it.

Sar: if not ignite unity at least ignite.

Wombat: The fact is it has to be done on a local level.

As for your second comment, I am assuming this is the one where you claim coherence...... ;)

The Muppet Poem is cute I have never fallen for that fairy tale �can't live with em , can't live without em and hang here until something better comes along theory�, because I can live without them. Also if it's not the better at the time it's not worth the time.
I like the microscope only because I have looked at things through a microscope since I was very young and not just men. I have to know all about everything all the time. Happy medium would be nice but for some it is at any given time all or nothing at all.
I assume you do not heed your own coherent thoughts in this case.

Cross: Thanks

Weirdso: Wise words and the carry the condom thing, well it just ends up getting blown up or filled with water.

Zool: interesting.

Pia: I was tempted and your welcome. ;)

8/14/2005 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://mkukbfmg.com/kihq/iyhn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://qhzeimio.com/ysbp/epfp.html]Cool site[/url]

9/27/2006 08:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

9/27/2006 08:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://mkukbfmg.com/kihq/iyhn.html | http://qyqubynf.com/utnk/nnmv.html

9/27/2006 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home